Economist Lin Yifu on State-Sustained Growth
(Beijing) – Standing up to a wave of pessimism about China's prospects for continuing high-level economic growth is no easy task.
But economist Lin Yifu, who recently retired as a senior vice president and chief economist at the World Bank, is holding his ground with a prediction that China's gross domestic product will grow by 8 percent in 2012.
- In Monday's Papers: Danone, COFCO in JV Agreement, Work on Two CRC Lines Delayed
- Four Local Gov'ts Eye Greater Borrowing This Year
- Billion Yuan Buddha
- Excitement Abounds for New Third Board
- The Week in Photos: May 11 – May 17
- Closer Look: Age Restrictions Are No Way to Control Beijing's Population
- China Mobile to Expand 4G Network in Henan
- Mexico and China: A Promising Future
- Marriage, Sex and Character
- China Railway Corp. to Issue Bonds
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter