Samsung Slipping in China Market, 20 Years On
(Beijing) – Business executive Tan Hong joined Samsung Group's China home appliance division in 1995 and was immediately impressed by the South Korean behemoth's culturally sensitive interest in Chinese consumers.
Tan warmed to the appliance and electronics manufacturer after he was initially assigned to run a charity-brand awareness project that focused on donating second-hand computers to poor students in the remote mountains of Hebei Province.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter