For Stimulus Projects, a Capital Conundrum
(Beijing) – Happy days are here again by some accounts as local governments across China lay the groundwork for what could be a huge spending spree.
Municipal bond investors and trust managers are among those enthusiastic about plans for a government investment push which, although minor compared to the 4 trillion yuan stimulus package rolled out after the 2008 financial crisis, has been touted as rocket fuel for China's slowing economy.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter