For Stimulus Projects, a Capital Conundrum
(Beijing) – Happy days are here again by some accounts as local governments across China lay the groundwork for what could be a huge spending spree.
Municipal bond investors and trust managers are among those enthusiastic about plans for a government investment push which, although minor compared to the 4 trillion yuan stimulus package rolled out after the 2008 financial crisis, has been touted as rocket fuel for China's slowing economy.
- Mountain Highway
- General Who Led PLA Said to Be Expelled from Party
- Eurozone Debt Rises Again, but Few Care
- Surging Grain Imports Spurring Officials to Rethink Policies
- China's Billion Dollar Question: Why Are Forex Figures Falling?
- A Tripolar Currency Regime Is in the Offing
- Party Official Puts Charges TV Maker's Boss Broke Law Online
- Proposed Law Gives Gov't Too Much Control of Internet, Experts Say
- Testing Times
- Views: Privacy Problem
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Investor Angry at Gov't Role in Stock Market Rout in Apparent Suicide (updated)
- Cheers, Fears for China's Next Step Overseas
- Who and What is Chinese?
- Tech Takeoff Lifts Drone Industry to New Heights
- Villain or Hero for Stock Market Saga?
- Hanergy Thin Film Power Removed From Stock Connect Program
- Early Caixin Manufacturing PMI for July at 48.2 Points
- The Right Approach to the PPP Model
- Hebei's Big Idea for Clean Coal Yields Few Results
- Bullet Trains Off-Limits to People Failing to Make Court-Ordered Payments