State Media Articles Call for Continued Reform
(Beijing) – Just weeks before the 18th Party Congress, several official media outlets have published articles calling for the deepening of reform, including political reform.
The party congress, which starts on November 8, is to see in new leaders who will guide the country for the next decade.
Qiushi Journal, an influential magazine run by the party's Central Committee, published an article October 16 headlined "Striving Forward with Reform and Opening Up" and written under a pen name.
- Media Watch: Former Star Reporter Causes Stir with Smog Documentary
- Ant Financial Subsidiary Starts Offering Individual Credit Scores
- Attempt to Gain New Investor Failed, New China Life Insurance Says
- Graphics: Coming and Going
- The Week in Photos: February 21-27
- Oil Giants Dispute Reports that Gov't Is Considering Mergers
- Going Out
- The Soft Edge of Cut Paper
- The Sino-Russian Challenge to the World Order
- Kalidasa for the 21st Century Reader: Selected Poetry and Drama
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Minsheng Tries Weathering a Maelstrom
- Three Private Shipping Companies Run into Financial Troubles
- Can Market Mechanisms Clear China's Bad Air?
- State Patronage Divides Confucian Intellectuals
- Closer Look: Local Officials Have Little Love for National Hukou Reform
- Tourism Tensions Have HK Mulling Limits on Visitor Numbers
- Experts Split on Whether Merger of Taxi App Firms Breaks Law
- Is It Time to Include the Yuan in IMF Basket?
- Gov't Orders Documentary about Gays, Lesbians Removed from Net
- Gov't Moves on GM Crops Spur Industry's Cautious Optimism