Obama's Biggest Failure
As we enter the last two week s of the presidential race, the country looks to be facing its third close finish this century. While President Barack Obama is still the favorite to be re-elected, Mitt Romney has a very real chance of winning. The weak economy is undoubtedly the major reason.
Incumbent presidents usually get re-elected. The three exceptions in the last 80 years were Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush. The first was pushed out of office because of hostility to the Vietnam War. At the time, we had 500,000 soldiers involved in the war. Given the relative size of the country, this was more than ten times the scale of the war in Afghanistan today.
- Lianghui Roundup: March 6
- Gov't Plans Budget Deficit of 1.62 Tln Yuan, Finance Ministry Says
- Why Gov't May Be Shifting Stance on Family Planning
- Taking Aim
- That's a Wrap
- NPC to Get Proposals for Clearing up Way Laws Are Enacted
- Speculation on CDIC Article about Corrupt Prince 'Ridiculous'
- Liem Sioe Liong's Salim Group: The Business Pillar of Suharto's Indonesia
- Paint by Numbers: China's Art Factory from Mao to Now
- Gov't Making Little Progress Cutting Links with 'Social Groups,' Report Says
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China's Factories Are Building a Robot Nation
- Can Market Mechanisms Clear China's Bad Air?
- Minsheng Tries Weathering a Maelstrom
- HR Head of Alcatel-Shanghai Bell 'Found Dead in Shanghai River'
- Three Private Shipping Companies Run into Financial Troubles
- Closer Look: Local Officials Have Little Love for National Hukou Reform
- Media Watch: Former Star Reporter Causes Stir with Smog Documentary
- State Patronage Divides Confucian Intellectuals
- Tourism Tensions Have HK Mulling Limits on Visitor Numbers
- Taiwan Gov't Tells Alibaba to Withdraw an Investment from Island