Obama's Biggest Failure
As we enter the last two week s of the presidential race, the country looks to be facing its third close finish this century. While President Barack Obama is still the favorite to be re-elected, Mitt Romney has a very real chance of winning. The weak economy is undoubtedly the major reason.
Incumbent presidents usually get re-elected. The three exceptions in the last 80 years were Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush. The first was pushed out of office because of hostility to the Vietnam War. At the time, we had 500,000 soldiers involved in the war. Given the relative size of the country, this was more than ten times the scale of the war in Afghanistan today.
- Marriage, Sex and Character
- China Railway Corp. to Issue Bonds
- Passage to History
- Don't Expect Praises
- Investment in Agriculture Climbs
- Final Fantasy
- A Foul Find
- In Friday's Papers: Cabinet to Reduce Red Tape, Nationwide Inspection on Health Food
- Healthcare Needs Fundamental Reforms, Experts Say
- Healthcare and One-Child Policy: China's Ticking Bomb
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Why Foxconn's Switch to Robots Hasn't Been Automatic
- Steel Industry Forges Ahead with Reform
- Heeding the Roar of China Bears
- In Wednesday's Papers: Mao's Granddaughter Makes Rich List, 21 Punished over Chongqing Sex Tapes
- Delicacies of the Chinese Dream
- Graphics：Gold Consumption Jumps to Record High in Q1
- Deputy Shanghai Mayor 'to Take over at CIC'
- Closer Look: Divining Clues on the Future of Reform
- Investment Company Asks: Can We Legally Short Sell?
- Too Big To Fail Is Bigger than Ever