Obama's Biggest Failure
As we enter the last two week s of the presidential race, the country looks to be facing its third close finish this century. While President Barack Obama is still the favorite to be re-elected, Mitt Romney has a very real chance of winning. The weak economy is undoubtedly the major reason.
Incumbent presidents usually get re-elected. The three exceptions in the last 80 years were Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush. The first was pushed out of office because of hostility to the Vietnam War. At the time, we had 500,000 soldiers involved in the war. Given the relative size of the country, this was more than ten times the scale of the war in Afghanistan today.
- Investment Dip Rains on China's Upbeat Economy
- Schoolgirl Dies of Heart Attack after Falling Pray to A Phone Scam that Syphoned Her Tuition Money
- Spring Air Fuels Expansion with 10 New Airbus Jets
- P2P Firms in China Get Wings Clipped by New Rules
- PBOC Official Xuan Changneng to Join CSRC to Assist the Chairman
- Closer Look: Qihoo Retires from Public View after Record Privatization
- Beijing Overhauls Electric Vehicle Incentives to Weed Out Cheaters
- PetroChina, CNOOC Profits Slump as Prices and Domestic Demand Drop
- Renewables Generate a Quarter of China's Energy, But Solar and Wind Lag
- China COSCO Eyes New Terminal at Spain's Largest Container Port
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Edges Closer to a Liquidity Trap
- First China Made Bullet Train Makes Maiden Trip
- Souring Business, Xenophobia Makes China Dream Lose Its Appeal for African Migrants
- China to Bring Back Equity Incentives for SOE Employees
- Farewell Medal Mania, Hello Sports Reform
- Dalian Wanda's Property Arm To Delist from Hong Kong in September
- China Behind on Plans to Trim Overcapacity
- Alibaba Rakes in Millions Selling Co-branding Rights to Double 11 Gala
- Beijing Floats Extension of Debt-to-Equity Plan to Wider Range of Creditors
- Can Baseball Finally Hit a Home Run in China?