Beijing to Launch 70 Bln Yuan Plan to Rescue Solar Industry
(Beijing) – The central government is planning to unveil a series of projects totaling 70 billion yuan to save the troubled solar industry, an expert from an official energy institute says.
However, the source of funding for the ambitions plan that comes amid a slowing economy remains unknown.
The stimulus projects would be sponsored by several government departments, including the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), State Grid and the National Energy Administration (NEA), said Wang Sicheng, a research fellow from the NDRC's Energy Research Institute.
- Mali Tragedy Shows Chinese Companies' Need for Support Systems
- Wrecking Ball
- Soccer Team, Major Sponsor Get Shirty over Jersey Change
- Advocate for Transplant Reform Not Done Yet
- Scandal at Aviation Regulator Widens as Another Official Investigated
- China Must Show Resolve in Combating Terrorism
- Leaky Pipes
- Chairman of Securities Firm's HK Subsidiary 'Missing for Six Days'
- Xi, Li Express Their Support for Developing Robotics Industry
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Country's First Cruise Ship Heads to Port for Final Time
- How a New Idea for Revamping the Economy Is Taking Shape
- Official Figures for Major Smog Pollutant Last Year 'Off by Half'
- China Eyes More Muscle for Market Supervision
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Why the IMF's Likely Recognition of the Yuan Will Matter
- Party Graft Buster Announces Inquiry into CSRC Official
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020