Beijing to Launch 70 Bln Yuan Plan to Rescue Solar Industry
(Beijing) – The central government is planning to unveil a series of projects totaling 70 billion yuan to save the troubled solar industry, an expert from an official energy institute says.
However, the source of funding for the ambitions plan that comes amid a slowing economy remains unknown.
The stimulus projects would be sponsored by several government departments, including the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), State Grid and the National Energy Administration (NEA), said Wang Sicheng, a research fellow from the NDRC's Energy Research Institute.
- Large Railroad Manufacturers Said to Consider Merger
- Village Remake
- APEC Preview
- Skies Overhead
- Two or Three Things about Mr. Lu Xun
- Film: The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom
- Exhibition: The Past
- Wake up, Europe
- Caixin Podcast: Apple's Online Payment Moves in China
- Caixin Podcast: Fare Enough for Beijing's Subways?
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Alibaba Shopping Site Red-Faced after Number of Phone Orders Faked
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts