Trusts, Bonds Lead Surge in Credit 'Gambling'
(Beijing) – Default risks seem remote among local government financing platforms that have raised trillions of yuan since last year via trusts, bank-sponsored wealth management products, securities and bonds – and plan to borrow a lot more.
Most borrowers and lenders converging inside this unconventional credit circle, which has widened dramatically since 2011 in the face of bank loan limits imposed by the central government, are wearing a happy face.
- The Hard Luck of the Persecution Machine
- Krakatau: The Tale of Lampung Submerged
- Monkey Hunting
- Home Library
- In Plans for Rural Exodus, Policymakers Must Factor in Inequality
- Caixin Summit
- Going Underground
- Experts at Caixin Summit Discuss Challenges Confronting Economic Growth
- Gov't Fleshes Out Reform to Gaokao System
- Coastal Sprawl and a Last Stand for Wetlands
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China, Russia Near Deal for Wide-Body Aircraft
- China Mobile's Dead End on the 3G Highway
- The Parenting Trap of Cultural Patterns
- Tesla's China VP Steps Down After 9-Month Stint
- Welcome to the New Normal in China
- Executed Teen Found Innocent 18 Years Later
- CRCC to Join Bid for Singapore-Kuala Lumpur Link
- Former SOE Head Handed Death Sentence for Fraud Scheme
- Indian Court Blocks Xiaomi Phone Sales
- Another PLA Officer Said to Run Afoul of Anti-Graft Investigators