Yuan Will Appreciate to 5.7 against U.S. Dollar, Think Tank Forecasts
(Beijing) – China's currency will gradually appreciate against the U.S. dollar by nearly 10 percent over five years, a report by a private think tank predicts.
In 2017, the exchange rate of the yuan against the US dollar would be 5.7, up about 9.5 percent from the current 6.3 level, Beijing-based West Brothers Economic Research Institute said.
- Without Wages
- The Fall of Language in the Age of English
- Ticket to Childhood
- Taking the Next Step in Power Industry Reform
- Protesting Times
- Knives Out
- Men Have Better Chance than Women to Get Job Interview, Study Finds
- Party Legend's Son Denies He Is De Facto Head of Insurance Firm
- Alibaba's Bickering with Gov't Saps Investor Confidence
- Tencent Tops List of China's Most Valuable Brands
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Gov't Digs Into Soil Pollution Problem with Proposal for New Standards
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future
- Taobao, Gov't Get Real Testy over Fake Goods Accusations