Yuan Will Appreciate to 5.7 against U.S. Dollar, Think Tank Forecasts
(Beijing) – China's currency will gradually appreciate against the U.S. dollar by nearly 10 percent over five years, a report by a private think tank predicts.
In 2017, the exchange rate of the yuan against the US dollar would be 5.7, up about 9.5 percent from the current 6.3 level, Beijing-based West Brothers Economic Research Institute said.
- The Waistland
- Cyanide Found in Dog Meat Sold to Restaurants, Zhejiang Court Hears
- In Paris, It's All about Growth
- Gov't Policies Actually Encourage Risky Investing Abroad
- Weeping Ceiling
- Insurance Firms Stop Online Sales, as Regulator Takes Long Look
- The Upright Magistrates
- Film: Tell Me a Beautiful World
- Exhibition: After Time
- Graphics: Going Mobile
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Closer Look: JD.com Sees Its High Hopes for WeChat Fall Short
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Four Shanghai Customs Officials Nabbed by Party Graft Buster
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Zhou Yongkang Used Start in Oil Industry to Rise to Public Security Czar
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- The Best Way to Remember Deng Xiaoping