After Year of Talks, Sichuan Miner Still No Closer to Greenland Deal
(Beijing) – One year has passed, but London Mining Plc. still has not tied the knot with a Sichuan miner that like many of its Chinese rivals wants to take advantage of Arctic mineral resources.
Sichuan Xinye Mining Investment Co. was still negotiating with London Mining and Greenland's state resource department over issues including employment of Chinese workers at the site, the firm's supervisory board chairman Tan Qizhong said on November 5.
- Deadly Plunge
- Investor Accuses ABC of Insider Trading over Sale of State-Owned Firm's Bonds
- Tech Progress Depends on More Reform, Including for Intellectual Property
- Did a Chinese Insurer Cross the Investor Line?
- Caixin China PMI: Chilly April for Factories with Index Falling to 49.4
- Fast Track
- Fund Used to Bailout Stock Markets Lose 12 percent in Value
- Former Head of CDB Leasing Denies Taking Bribes from China Southern Airlines
- Coal Addiction Spells Trouble for Wind Power Producers
- Crash Site
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter