After Year of Talks, Sichuan Miner Still No Closer to Greenland Deal
(Beijing) – One year has passed, but London Mining Plc. still has not tied the knot with a Sichuan miner that like many of its Chinese rivals wants to take advantage of Arctic mineral resources.
Sichuan Xinye Mining Investment Co. was still negotiating with London Mining and Greenland's state resource department over issues including employment of Chinese workers at the site, the firm's supervisory board chairman Tan Qizhong said on November 5.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter