Railway Investment to Increase Next Year, Ministry Says
(Beijing) -- Railway fix-asset investment (FAI) is expected to increase in 2013, exceeding this year's 630 billion yuan, a spokesman for the Ministry of Railways says.
Railway infrastructure investment alone would exceed 500 billion yuan, he predicted.
The ministry has increased this year's FAI target four times since June.
From January to October, FAI in the railway sector totaled 425.2 billion yuan, 0.9 percent lower than the same 10-month period last year.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter