Hu Sets Ambitious Growth Goals at Opening of 18th Congress
(Beijing) – Hu Jintao, the general secretary of Communist Party, delivered a comprehensive report at the opening ceremony of the party's 18th National Congress in which he highlighted the increase of household income, market economy, accelerated urbanization and other topics.
The country's GDP and per capita incomes for both urban and rural residents should double from the 2010 level by 2020, Hu said. The report to the 17th congress five years ago used the same goal but only for national GDP, indicating more emphasis on household incomes.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter