Hu Sets Ambitious Growth Goals at Opening of 18th Congress
(Beijing) – Hu Jintao, the general secretary of Communist Party, delivered a comprehensive report at the opening ceremony of the party's 18th National Congress in which he highlighted the increase of household income, market economy, accelerated urbanization and other topics.
The country's GDP and per capita incomes for both urban and rural residents should double from the 2010 level by 2020, Hu said. The report to the 17th congress five years ago used the same goal but only for national GDP, indicating more emphasis on household incomes.
- The Fight or Flight Response
- In Friday's Papers: Tencent Closes Dozens of WeChat Public Accounts, Six Dead in Knife Attack in Changsha Market
- Central Bank Tells Companies to Delay Issuing E-Credit Cards
- Missing MH370
- The Bible and Asia: From the Pre-Christian Era to the Postcolonial Age
- Rising Sun, Falling Shadow
- Fakes on Fire
- State Grid Invites Private Investors to Build Charging Stations for E-Cars
- It Is Time to Stand Up for the EU
- Businessman Facing Australian Insider Trading Case Seeks Asylum in HK
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Li Ka-shing's Remedy for 'Coddled' HK
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Caixin Explains: How MH370 Should Have Been Able to Send Emergency Message
- Li Ka-shing: Continued Progress Depends on Embracing Technology
- Graphics: Rich Representatives
- Five Pairs of Companies Chosen for Private Banking Program
- Caixin Explains: What Are E-Credit Cards and How Do They Work?
- Private Banks in Pilot Will Have Four Models to Choose From
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says