Hu Sets Ambitious Growth Goals at Opening of 18th Congress
(Beijing) – Hu Jintao, the general secretary of Communist Party, delivered a comprehensive report at the opening ceremony of the party's 18th National Congress in which he highlighted the increase of household income, market economy, accelerated urbanization and other topics.
The country's GDP and per capita incomes for both urban and rural residents should double from the 2010 level by 2020, Hu said. The report to the 17th congress five years ago used the same goal but only for national GDP, indicating more emphasis on household incomes.
- Closer Look: Jingdong Gives Alibaba Some Company in Financial Industry
- In Wednesday's Papers: Railroad Line Lacking Environmental Approval to Still Open, HSBC to Sell Stake in Bank of Shanghai
- Central Bank, CBRC Split on Including Rural Lenders in Deposit Plan
- Closer Look: Annual Work Conference Picks Up Where Plenum Left Off
- Junk Blockade
- Planned IPO Reform Is Reason for Hope
- In Tuesday's Papers: Economic Work Conference Starts in Capital, Officials Will Be Graded on More than Economy
- Industry Waits to See Whether China Mobile and Apple Will Finally Make a Deal
- Why the PBOC Took the Regulatory Lead on Bitcoins
- Closer Look: Lunar Rover Is One Small Step Forward for China's Space Program
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Yi Gang: China's Forward-Thinking Forex Chief
- As U.S. Refuses a Dirty Fuel, China Only Too Ready to Increase Imports
- Coal Industry Finds Itself at a Crossroads
- Tough Timing
- Evergrande Partners with Harvard to Build Hospital in China
- Sina Corp., Investment Fund Management Firms Mull Net Sales
- Ruins of Urbanization
- In Friday's Papers: China, U.S. to Enhance Cooperation on Shale Gas; Wang Qishan 'May Only Serve Five Years'
- PBOC Said to Be Talking to Major Banks about Deposit Insurance
- Closer Look: Visit by Cameron Focuses on Trade and Investment