Hu Sets Ambitious Growth Goals at Opening of 18th Congress
(Beijing) – Hu Jintao, the general secretary of Communist Party, delivered a comprehensive report at the opening ceremony of the party's 18th National Congress in which he highlighted the increase of household income, market economy, accelerated urbanization and other topics.
The country's GDP and per capita incomes for both urban and rural residents should double from the 2010 level by 2020, Hu said. The report to the 17th congress five years ago used the same goal but only for national GDP, indicating more emphasis on household incomes.
- CDIC Investigates Chinalco Head after Reports He Abused His Power
- New-Energy Car Market Is Open Road, BYD CEO Wang Chuanfu Says
- PBOC Punishes Payment Companies for Mishandling Bank Card Transactions
- Cabinet Said to Mull Reforms to Country's Nearly 1,800 State-Owned Farms
- The Long Journey to the Rule of Law
- Silent Scourge
- APEC Barriers
- Official in Shanxi City 'Falls to His Death after Facing Investigators'
- Sinopec Picks 25 Investors to Hold Stake in Sales Unit
- The Week in Photos: September 5 – 12
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Spectre of Corruption Haunts Huawei
- Will Education Firm New Oriental Learn or Lose?
- UnionPay, Apple Said to Agree on U.S. Firm's New Payment Technology
- Coming to Grips with Ammonia in China's Haze
- Gov't Again Cracks Down on Schools for Migrant Workers' Children
- Closer Look: Alibaba's Looming IPO Sends Shockwaves through Bourses at Home, Abroad
- Gov't Cobbles Together Funding for Slum Renovation Projects
- Media Outlet Blackmailed over 100 Companies, Xinhua Reports
- Shenzhen's Qianhai Zone Joins Overseas E-Commerce Pilot
- Cutting Pay of SOE Bosses Just the Beginning of Necessary Changes