Hu Sets Ambitious Growth Goals at Opening of 18th Congress
(Beijing) – Hu Jintao, the general secretary of Communist Party, delivered a comprehensive report at the opening ceremony of the party's 18th National Congress in which he highlighted the increase of household income, market economy, accelerated urbanization and other topics.
The country's GDP and per capita incomes for both urban and rural residents should double from the 2010 level by 2020, Hu said. The report to the 17th congress five years ago used the same goal but only for national GDP, indicating more emphasis on household incomes.
- Tycoon Said to Bring Down a Deputy Mayor, Control Key Beijing Land Deal
- Priced Out
- Party Carries out Leadership Reshuffle at State-Owned Shipbuilders
- Hong Kong's ATV Could Go Off Air in March, Largest Shareholder Says
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Shrewd Smiles as Online Bankers Test New Tech
- Clearing the Air
- Pollution Documentary Helps Raise Public Awareness, Experts Say
- State-Owned Firm Announces Deal for Italian Tire Maker Pirelli
- Car-Hire Services Compete for the Ride Stuff
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- Will Slow and Steady Win China's Economy Race?
- New Agenda for China's Feared Family Planners
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Sinophobia: Anxiety, Violence, and the Making of Mongolian Identity
- Graphics: AIIB's Aims
- China Said to Agree to Build Two Train Lines in Thailand
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Amid Worsening Pollution, Gov't Moves toward Law on Ecotaxes