Hu Sets Ambitious Growth Goals at Opening of 18th Congress
(Beijing) – Hu Jintao, the general secretary of Communist Party, delivered a comprehensive report at the opening ceremony of the party's 18th National Congress in which he highlighted the increase of household income, market economy, accelerated urbanization and other topics.
The country's GDP and per capita incomes for both urban and rural residents should double from the 2010 level by 2020, Hu said. The report to the 17th congress five years ago used the same goal but only for national GDP, indicating more emphasis on household incomes.
- Leaky Pipes
- Chairman of Securities Firm's HK Subsidiary 'Missing for Six Days'
- Xi, Li Express Their Support for Developing Robotics Industry
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Alibaba Said to Be Taking Stake in Publisher of HK Newspaper
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- The Week in Photos: Nov.14-20
- Closer Look: Why Official Goals for Natural Gas Use Are in Doubt
- Property Giant Evergrande Buys Half of Insurance Company
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Country's First Cruise Ship Heads to Port for Final Time
- How a New Idea for Revamping the Economy Is Taking Shape
- Official Figures for Major Smog Pollutant Last Year 'Off by Half'
- China Eyes More Muscle for Market Supervision
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- Why the IMF's Likely Recognition of the Yuan Will Matter
- Party Graft Buster Announces Inquiry into CSRC Official
- Scandal-Hit Citic Securities Says Its Party Head Will Retire
- Plan to Develop Two New Beijing Districts 'Flies in Face of Population Curbs'