Hu Sets Ambitious Growth Goals at Opening of 18th Congress
(Beijing) – Hu Jintao, the general secretary of Communist Party, delivered a comprehensive report at the opening ceremony of the party's 18th National Congress in which he highlighted the increase of household income, market economy, accelerated urbanization and other topics.
The country's GDP and per capita incomes for both urban and rural residents should double from the 2010 level by 2020, Hu said. The report to the 17th congress five years ago used the same goal but only for national GDP, indicating more emphasis on household incomes.
- Closer Look: Li's India Trip about 'Exploring New Strategies'
- N. Korean Escape
- Financial Industry 'Should Be Opened up More'
- In Monday's Papers: Danone, COFCO in JV Agreement, Work on Two CRC Lines Delayed
- Four Local Gov'ts Eye Greater Borrowing This Year
- Billion Yuan Buddha
- Excitement Abounds for New Third Board
- The Week in Photos: May 11 – May 17
- Closer Look: Age Restrictions Are No Way to Control Beijing's Population
- China Mobile to Expand 4G Network in Henan
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Too Big To Fail Is Bigger than Ever
- Why Foxconn's Switch to Robots Hasn't Been Automatic
- Marriage, Sex and Character
- Delicacies of the Chinese Dream
- Playing the Long Game
- Investment Company Asks: Can We Legally Short Sell?
- The Real Reason the Stock Market Is Slumping
- Is China Welcome in the Arctic?
- Teams to Draft Reform Topics for Party Congress Set up
- Errors of Aggression Catch up with Underwriter