Sun Zhengcai, the new party chief of Chongqing, was born in Rongcheng, Shandong Province, in September 1963.
Sun studied agriculture at universities in Shandong and Beijing, and was a visiting scholar in Britain for a year while he was the director of the Soil and Fertilizer Research Institute. He served as vice president and deputy party secretary of the Beijing Academy of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences.
- Book: Age of Ambition: Chasing Fortune, Truth and Faith in the New China
- Book: China Dolls
- The Market Likes PBOC's 1 Tln Yuan Move, but Wait
- The children's hour
- Star Crossed
- No Tech Barrier to Publishing Unemployment Rate, Statistics Official Says
- Beijing Subway Fares Set to Rise as Gov't Frets over Crowding, Subsidies
- Connecting to the World
- CCTV Executive behind 'A Bite of China' Food Documentary Detained
- Closer Look: Unifying the Hukou System Is a Start, but It's Just That
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- Graphics: Zhou Yongkang's Tangled Path
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- Caixin Explains: Central Committee Discipline Inspection Teams
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Central Committee Announces Inquiry into Ex-Security Boss Zhou Yongkang
- Snake Eyes and Scrutiny for Macao's Casinos
- CBRC Approves Three Private Banks as Part of Pilot