Sun Zhengcai, the new party chief of Chongqing, was born in Rongcheng, Shandong Province, in September 1963.
Sun studied agriculture at universities in Shandong and Beijing, and was a visiting scholar in Britain for a year while he was the director of the Soil and Fertilizer Research Institute. He served as vice president and deputy party secretary of the Beijing Academy of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences.
- A Prince's Legacy
- Emissions from Nation's Incineration Plants 'Surpass Standards'
- Developer Probed for Web of Floor Space Fraud
- Is Infinite Economic Growth in Germany Possible?
- Be Prepared to Pass the Test of Fed's Moves
- Nursing Home Fire Exposes Struggles of Elderly People in Rural Areas
- Put to Death
- Closer Look: How a Glass Door Stops Growth of Private Hospitals
- Shenzhen Property Market Sees Signs of Strong Rebound
- Gov't Switches Subsidy Focus from Small Farmers to Major Growers
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Phone Maker Transsion Catches the African Beat
- Solar Panel Maker Suffering HK Share Sell-Off 'Failed to Repay Loans'
- The Big VIE Question
- Rain on CCTV's Moscow Parade Coverage
- China Unleashes Bonds to Tackle Local Debt
- South China Sea Issue Is Litmus Test for Sino-U.S. Relationship
- Gov't Announces Plan to Upgrade Factories over Next Decade
- Tencent Expands Net Bank Experiment to 50,000 Social Media Users
- Public Hospitals to Be Opened to Investors, State Council Says
- Residents of Beijing Community Renew Protest against Waste Incineration Plant