Sun Zhengcai, the new party chief of Chongqing, was born in Rongcheng, Shandong Province, in September 1963.
Sun studied agriculture at universities in Shandong and Beijing, and was a visiting scholar in Britain for a year while he was the director of the Soil and Fertilizer Research Institute. He served as vice president and deputy party secretary of the Beijing Academy of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences.
- Tour Bus Crash
- Surprise Exercise
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Gov't Digs Into Soil Pollution Problem with Proposal for New Standards
- Little Denmark Has Big Currency Question
- Views: Social Media Update
- Why Controversy Plays Starring Role in China's TV, Film Censorship
- The Week in Photos: January 17 – 23
- Hangzhou Flash Mob
- Graphics: Spending on Luxury Goods in 2014
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Samsung Loses Connection with Chinese Consumers in 2014
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Mao's Winding Road to Socialism
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future