Two-Sided Forecast for Flat-Panel TV Makers
(Beijing) – Healthy consumer demand for televisions, the tablet computer's coming-of-age and generous Chinese government support are helping the nation's flat-panel screen industry fly high.
Huizhou-based TCL Corp, one of the country's largest consumer electronics enterprises, reported a 51 percent year-on-year increase in sales of televisions outfitted with LCD screens in October to 10.85 million units.
- Black Holes
- Mecca: The Sacred City
- Graphics: China's Overworked Workers
- Capital's Gov't Says Subway Fares Will Double Starting December
- Despite Minor Disputes, Ties with China Best in History, German Envoy Says
- "Happiest People"
- Wal-Mart Says It Has Laid Off 28 Managers, 90 Others
- Robot Waiter
- Nanning Stabbings
- Another Brother in Prominent Shanxi Family Is Target of Graft Investigation
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- Clearing the Air with a Sino-U.S. Climate Pact
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Justin Lin Ignores Population Factor with Growth Predictions
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect
- Websites Offering Subtitles for Foreign TV Shows, Movies Shut Down
- China Needs All-Out Effort to Meet Emissions Goals, Experts Say
- A Passage to India
- Court to Rehear 1996 Murder Case that Ended with Suspect's Execution
- Scientists Issue Warning over Development of Coastal Wetlands