Two-Sided Forecast for Flat-Panel TV Makers
(Beijing) – Healthy consumer demand for televisions, the tablet computer's coming-of-age and generous Chinese government support are helping the nation's flat-panel screen industry fly high.
Huizhou-based TCL Corp, one of the country's largest consumer electronics enterprises, reported a 51 percent year-on-year increase in sales of televisions outfitted with LCD screens in October to 10.85 million units.
- The Waistland
- Cyanide Found in Dog Meat Sold to Restaurants, Zhejiang Court Hears
- In Paris, It's All about Growth
- Gov't Policies Actually Encourage Risky Investing Abroad
- Weeping Ceiling
- Insurance Firms Stop Online Sales, as Regulator Takes Long Look
- The Upright Magistrates
- Film: Tell Me a Beautiful World
- Exhibition: After Time
- Graphics: Going Mobile
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Zhou Yongkang Used Start in Oil Industry to Rise to Public Security Czar
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- Haier's New Look: 'Micro-Enterprise' Platform
- More Officials in Scandal-Hit Shanxi Come under CDIC Scrutiny
- No Free Rides in Iraq