Two-Sided Forecast for Flat-Panel TV Makers
(Beijing) – Healthy consumer demand for televisions, the tablet computer's coming-of-age and generous Chinese government support are helping the nation's flat-panel screen industry fly high.
Huizhou-based TCL Corp, one of the country's largest consumer electronics enterprises, reported a 51 percent year-on-year increase in sales of televisions outfitted with LCD screens in October to 10.85 million units.
- Fighting for Breath
- Graphic: Level of Distrust
- Forsaking the Fluff, China Joins the Cloud
- Media Watch: Xinhua, People's Daily in Rare Tussle, over Rate Cuts
- Watchdog Repeats Order to Remove Net TV Apps from E-Stores
- Peng Visits Delhi
- iPhone 6 Launch
- Caixin Podcast: Will Jack Ma Drop Hangzhou for Hong Kong?
- Caixin Podcast: No Ordinary Heist in Dalian
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- UnionPay, Apple Said to Agree on U.S. Firm's New Payment Technology
- Coming to Grips with Ammonia in China's Haze
- After Years of Dominance, UnionPay's Enemies Arrive at the Gates
- New-Energy Car Market Is Open Road, BYD CEO Wang Chuanfu Says
- Closer Look: Alibaba's Looming IPO Sends Shockwaves through Bourses at Home, Abroad
- PBOC Punishes Payment Companies for Mishandling Bank Card Transactions
- Amid Market Downtown, China's Developers Dig In
- Media Outlet Blackmailed over 100 Companies, Xinhua Reports
- The Long Journey to the Rule of Law
- Official in Shanxi City 'Falls to His Death after Facing Investigators'