Two-Sided Forecast for Flat-Panel TV Makers
(Beijing) – Healthy consumer demand for televisions, the tablet computer's coming-of-age and generous Chinese government support are helping the nation's flat-panel screen industry fly high.
Huizhou-based TCL Corp, one of the country's largest consumer electronics enterprises, reported a 51 percent year-on-year increase in sales of televisions outfitted with LCD screens in October to 10.85 million units.
- Holiday Days
- The China Boom: Why China Will Not Rule the World
- One Point Two Billion
- Ailing Northeast Struggles to Keep Young Talent
- Much Has Changed Since Short Sellers Last Attacked HK Dollar
- Day of Play
- Software Firms Accuse Alibaba Health Subsidiary of Profiteering
- Inquiry into Guangdong Official 'Linked to Helping Sex Industry'
- Medical Fees Proposal Jolts China's Pensioners
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Now Learning It Has 'Environmental Migrants'
- Internet Company Treats 2,000 Employees to Cruise as Holiday Present
- Alibaba Gets Bitter Pill as Gov't Said to Scrap E-Drug System
- Government Edges toward Promised Tax Reform
- Tough Times Call for Tougher Reform Push
- Caixin OnlineAnother Official Tied to Zhou Yongkang Is Handed Jail Term
- Carmaker BYD Fares Well in Hometown, Struggles Elsewhere
- U.S. Venture Capital Firm Is Still Betting on China
- More Insiders Said to Be Linked to Agricultural Bank Scandal
- Terror in Mali and New Chinese Perspectives