In Thursday's Papers: Banks Sue LDK Solar over Loan Repayment, Shaanxi Dairy Company Owner Dies from Attack
Solar equipment maker Jiangxi LDK Solar
Hi-Tech Co. Ltd is sued by creditors
Banks Sue LDK Solar over Loan Repayment
LDK Solar is being sued by creditor banks for overdue loans of around 100 million yuan. The indebted, New York-listed maker of solar power equipment has borrowed between 14 billion and 15 billion yuan from domestic banks, and has allowed a partially state-owned firm to buy 19.9 percent of it to boost creditor confidence. Meanwhile, the New York Stock Exchange has warned LDK it could be delisted if poor performance continues. A source close to the situation said the plaintiffs were mainly small city commercial banks, rather than the company's major creditors, including Bank of China, China Construction Bank and Agricultural Bank of China.
- The Fall of Language in the Age of English
- Ticket to Childhood
- Taking the Next Step in Power Industry Reform
- Protesting Times
- Knives Out
- Men Have Better Chance than Women to Get Job Interview, Study Finds
- Party Legend's Son Denies He Is De Facto Head of Insurance Firm
- Alibaba's Bickering with Gov't Saps Investor Confidence
- Tencent Tops List of China's Most Valuable Brands
- The Little Red Book Turns 50
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future
- Gov't Digs Into Soil Pollution Problem with Proposal for New Standards