In Thursday's Papers: Banks Sue LDK Solar over Loan Repayment, Shaanxi Dairy Company Owner Dies from Attack
Solar equipment maker Jiangxi LDK Solar
Hi-Tech Co. Ltd is sued by creditors
Banks Sue LDK Solar over Loan Repayment
LDK Solar is being sued by creditor banks for overdue loans of around 100 million yuan. The indebted, New York-listed maker of solar power equipment has borrowed between 14 billion and 15 billion yuan from domestic banks, and has allowed a partially state-owned firm to buy 19.9 percent of it to boost creditor confidence. Meanwhile, the New York Stock Exchange has warned LDK it could be delisted if poor performance continues. A source close to the situation said the plaintiffs were mainly small city commercial banks, rather than the company's major creditors, including Bank of China, China Construction Bank and Agricultural Bank of China.
- Confucius and the World He Created
- The Lost Novel
- Reinventing the Bicycle in Beijing
- Waiting for the Light
- Baidu, Hospital Association Squabble over Ad Charges
- Deadly Work
- China-U.S. Trade Engagement in Asia Could Be Win-Win
- Baosteel's Listed Arm Had Declines in Revenue, Net Profit in 2014
- Security Ministry Cancels 1.44 Mln Fake Hukou Documents
- Why Raising Retirement Age Is No Cure-All for Population Problems
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- Will Slow and Steady Win China's Economy Race?
- New Agenda for China's Feared Family Planners
- Graphics: AIIB's Aims
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Sinophobia: Anxiety, Violence, and the Making of Mongolian Identity
- China Said to Agree to Build Two Train Lines in Thailand