In Thursday's Papers: Banks Sue LDK Solar over Loan Repayment, Shaanxi Dairy Company Owner Dies from Attack
Solar equipment maker Jiangxi LDK Solar
Hi-Tech Co. Ltd is sued by creditors
Banks Sue LDK Solar over Loan Repayment
LDK Solar is being sued by creditor banks for overdue loans of around 100 million yuan. The indebted, New York-listed maker of solar power equipment has borrowed between 14 billion and 15 billion yuan from domestic banks, and has allowed a partially state-owned firm to buy 19.9 percent of it to boost creditor confidence. Meanwhile, the New York Stock Exchange has warned LDK it could be delisted if poor performance continues. A source close to the situation said the plaintiffs were mainly small city commercial banks, rather than the company's major creditors, including Bank of China, China Construction Bank and Agricultural Bank of China.
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Despite Ban, County Holds Convict Parade Days before Rule of Law Plenum
- Paris Expatriate
- Loft Horizon
- Fourth Plenum
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- Do you have faith in the central government's plans for cutting air pollution?
- Media Executive Who Ignored Mobile Internet Takes His Leave
- Chinese Firms 'Want to Build Bullet Trains for California Project'
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Yellow Pearls of China: Women with a PhD
- Graphics: Ghost Towns
- China Nears Deal with Mexico to Export Bullet Trains for First Time
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- Eight Killed and 18 Injured in Riot in Kunming Suburb, Local Gov't Says
- Graphics: The Fourth Plenum
- Huge Vale Ship Arrived in Qingdao with 300,000 Tons of Iron Ore
- The Golden Lands: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand & Vietnam
- Revision of Securities Law Is Chance to Liberalize Market
- Alibaba Shopping Site Red-Faced after Number of Phone Orders Faked