Wenzhou Pilot Raises Hopes of Increased Cross-Border Yuan Services
(Beijing) -- As a pilot program takes shape in Wenzhou to allow individuals to make direct overseas investment with Chinese currency, expectations have arisen that the program will be further expanded to include more cross-border yuan transaction services.
But a source close to the situation said on November 16 said the central government hasn't worked out any policy to implement broader individual cross-border yuan business. There is also no timetable to expand the pilot program.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter