Wenzhou Pilot Raises Hopes of Increased Cross-Border Yuan Services
(Beijing) -- As a pilot program takes shape in Wenzhou to allow individuals to make direct overseas investment with Chinese currency, expectations have arisen that the program will be further expanded to include more cross-border yuan transaction services.
But a source close to the situation said on November 16 said the central government hasn't worked out any policy to implement broader individual cross-border yuan business. There is also no timetable to expand the pilot program.
- Hidden Anguish
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says
- A French Revolution, Please!
- Lianghui Quotes：March 7
- Egypt's Road to Rejuvenation Is Opening, Veteran Diplomat Says
- Scaffold Collapse
- The Siege of Tsingtao
- The Celestials
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Lianghui Quotes: March 6
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Electric Car Charging Stations Powering Down
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- The Logic of the Left in China
- Yuan Won't Overtake Dollar until Changes Are Made, Economist Says
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- From Tycoon to Target
- Gary Locke Expresses Optimism for Future of Sino-U.S. Ties
- Closer Look: So Who Stops a Run on Yu E Bao Accounts?
- China to Grow at 7.5 Pct and Focus on Reforms, Premier Says