Local Gov'ts Angle for Slice of Rail Projects
(Beijing) – Provincial government officials are making their final sprint to win support for railway projects, as the Ministry of Railways (MOR) draws closer to announcing next year's budget.
Since November 22, leaders from Jilin and Liaoning provinces and Tibetan Autonomous Region have visited the railway minister Sheng Guangzu, requesting the ministry to step up support for railway projects under their administration, a source from the ministry said.
- Hidden Anguish
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says
- A French Revolution, Please!
- Lianghui Quotes：March 7
- Egypt's Road to Rejuvenation Is Opening, Veteran Diplomat Says
- Scaffold Collapse
- The Siege of Tsingtao
- The Celestials
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Lianghui Quotes: March 6
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Electric Car Charging Stations Powering Down
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- The Logic of the Left in China
- Yuan Won't Overtake Dollar until Changes Are Made, Economist Says
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- From Tycoon to Target
- Gary Locke Expresses Optimism for Future of Sino-U.S. Ties
- Closer Look: So Who Stops a Run on Yu E Bao Accounts?
- China to Grow at 7.5 Pct and Focus on Reforms, Premier Says