Local Gov'ts Angle for Slice of Rail Projects
(Beijing) – Provincial government officials are making their final sprint to win support for railway projects, as the Ministry of Railways (MOR) draws closer to announcing next year's budget.
Since November 22, leaders from Jilin and Liaoning provinces and Tibetan Autonomous Region have visited the railway minister Sheng Guangzu, requesting the ministry to step up support for railway projects under their administration, a source from the ministry said.
- Central Bank Cuts Benchmark Lending Rate
- A Passage to India
- Hike in Train Ticket Prices This Year 'Unlikely After All'
- Graphics: Sino-Australian Trade Deal
- Another Hebei Official Is Targeted by Corruption Investigators
- Closer Look: Gov't Wants Proactive Tax Policies, but Ends Up with a Problem
- China-U.S. Investment Treaty Would Strengthen Economic Relations
- Top Prosecutor's Office Plans New Body to Better Fight Corruption
- Exercise Caution
- Book: Living Karma: The Religious Practices of Ouyi Zhixu
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Visa, MasterCard Confront China's Stacked Deck
- Chinese Developers' Projects in Malaysia Run into Series of Snags
- Some Shanghai FTZ Reform Ideas Introduced to Rest of Country
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Closer Look: Why Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Was One-Way Road
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- Graft Busters Find another Cash Pile, but Family Denies Corruption
- Gov't Gives Academics Failing Grade for Fraud in Research Funding
- Closer Look: Sales Soar, but Alibaba Frets over Delivery, Time Zone Issues
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect