SOE Sets 2012 Record for Land Purchase
(Beijing) – A recent purchase by a state-owned enterprise (SOE) has set a record for the highest price paid for a parcel of land this year and serves as a reminder of SOEs' continued involvement in the property market.
A subsidiary of China Metallurgical Group Corp., paid 5.62 billion yuan on November 30 for a plot in downtown Nanjing, in the eastern province of Jiangsu.
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation
- CBRC Approves Three Private Banks as Part of Pilot