SOE Sets 2012 Record for Land Purchase
(Beijing) – A recent purchase by a state-owned enterprise (SOE) has set a record for the highest price paid for a parcel of land this year and serves as a reminder of SOEs' continued involvement in the property market.
A subsidiary of China Metallurgical Group Corp., paid 5.62 billion yuan on November 30 for a plot in downtown Nanjing, in the eastern province of Jiangsu.
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says
- A French Revolution, Please!
- Lianghui Quotes：March 7
- Egypt's Road to Rejuvenation Is Opening, Veteran Diplomat Says
- Scaffold Collapse
- The Siege of Tsingtao
- The Celestials
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Lianghui Quotes: March 6
- Lianghui Essentials
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Steep Discounts Prompt Fears Property Market Faces Dark Days
- Eyes on the Prize
- The Logic of the Left in China
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- Electric Car Charging Stations Powering Down
- Yuan Won't Overtake Dollar until Changes Are Made, Economist Says
- Gary Locke Expresses Optimism for Future of Sino-U.S. Ties
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- From Tycoon to Target
- China to Grow at 7.5 Pct and Focus on Reforms, Premier Says