SOE Sets 2012 Record for Land Purchase
(Beijing) – A recent purchase by a state-owned enterprise (SOE) has set a record for the highest price paid for a parcel of land this year and serves as a reminder of SOEs' continued involvement in the property market.
A subsidiary of China Metallurgical Group Corp., paid 5.62 billion yuan on November 30 for a plot in downtown Nanjing, in the eastern province of Jiangsu.
- Hospitals No Longer Take Organs from Executed Prisoners, Official Says
- Underground Disturbance
- Home Burial
- Closer Look: So Apple and Alipay Are Getting Married? Not So Fast
- Job Websites Adapt to Changing Industry by Targeting Individuals, Special Groups
- Graphic: Rising Tide of Investment
- Closer Look: CSRC Should Review Its Approvals-Based IPO System
- China's Growing Private Sector
- Advisory Body Votes to Raise Subway, Bus Fares in Capital
- Earning Trust of the People Requires Rule of Law
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- Alibaba Shopping Site Red-Faced after Number of Phone Orders Faked
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts