SOE Sets 2012 Record for Land Purchase
(Beijing) – A recent purchase by a state-owned enterprise (SOE) has set a record for the highest price paid for a parcel of land this year and serves as a reminder of SOEs' continued involvement in the property market.
A subsidiary of China Metallurgical Group Corp., paid 5.62 billion yuan on November 30 for a plot in downtown Nanjing, in the eastern province of Jiangsu.
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- China as Responsible Stakeholder or Just 'Guest'?
- Qingdao Stepping-Out
- China Mobile to Set up 'Mixed-Share' Company for Content Businesses
- The Muddy Waters of Social Media
- Hami Station Fire
- Chronic Pain
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Ex-Minsheng Chairman Takes Helm of Private Capital 'Aircraft Carrier'
- Caixin Podcast: Red Cross Probe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- A Modern Reflection of Germany and Austria-Hungary?
- Closer Look: JD.com Sees Its High Hopes for WeChat Fall Short
- Views: Making Sense of China's Anti-Monopoly Campaign
- Iron Ore Prices Tumble as Four Large Producers Ramp up Production
- Four Shanghai Customs Officials Nabbed by Party Graft Buster
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Analysts Wonder If Trust Industry Has Reached a Tipping Point
- For Graft Investigators, a Son Like His Father
- Detention of Haitong Securities Executive 'Is Linked to Bond Scandal'