SOE Sets 2012 Record for Land Purchase
(Beijing) – A recent purchase by a state-owned enterprise (SOE) has set a record for the highest price paid for a parcel of land this year and serves as a reminder of SOEs' continued involvement in the property market.
A subsidiary of China Metallurgical Group Corp., paid 5.62 billion yuan on November 30 for a plot in downtown Nanjing, in the eastern province of Jiangsu.
- Chinese Miners Suffer Hangover after Recent Binge Buying
- How a Small Beijing Area Made Big Strides
- Fount of Learning
- Coal-fired Plants 'Killed 9,900 in Northern Region in 2011'
- CNPC's Dreams of Pipelines from Myanmar All Blocked Up
- Huijin in Stock Purchase Yet Again, Big Four Banks Say
- In Tuesday's Papers: Deposit Insurance Law Gets Priority, Top Court Takes Aim at Bad Rulings
- Changsha Drug Raid
- Mapping Local Government Debt
- Edward Snowden and His Wake-up Call to Net Users
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Getting Back in the Globalization Game
- Hard Realities in Private Equity
- Liu Zhijun Admits to Taking 64.6 Mln Yuan in Bribes
- Will Bond Market Tidying Trigger Clean Sweep?
- Urbanization and the Chinese Dream
- Edward Snowden and Big Data
- Jack of All Trades, the Chinese Middleman
- In Monday's Papers: County 'Cooked Data on Industrial Output'; Chinese Students Attacked in France
- Beijing's Blocked Doorways
- Central Bank Liquidity Moves Set Cautious Tone