SOE Sets 2012 Record for Land Purchase
(Beijing) – A recent purchase by a state-owned enterprise (SOE) has set a record for the highest price paid for a parcel of land this year and serves as a reminder of SOEs' continued involvement in the property market.
A subsidiary of China Metallurgical Group Corp., paid 5.62 billion yuan on November 30 for a plot in downtown Nanjing, in the eastern province of Jiangsu.
- Central Bank Cuts Benchmark Lending Rate
- A Passage to India
- Hike in Train Ticket Prices This Year 'Unlikely After All'
- Graphics: Sino-Australian Trade Deal
- Another Hebei Official Is Targeted by Corruption Investigators
- Closer Look: Gov't Wants Proactive Tax Policies, but Ends Up with a Problem
- China-U.S. Investment Treaty Would Strengthen Economic Relations
- Top Prosecutor's Office Plans New Body to Better Fight Corruption
- Exercise Caution
- Book: Living Karma: The Religious Practices of Ouyi Zhixu
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Visa, MasterCard Confront China's Stacked Deck
- Chinese Developers' Projects in Malaysia Run into Series of Snags
- Is China Regressing to the Mean?
- Some Shanghai FTZ Reform Ideas Introduced to Rest of Country
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Closer Look: Why Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Was One-Way Road
- Alipay Will Do What Alibaba Couldn't, Jack Ma Says: List in China
- Graft Busters Find another Cash Pile, but Family Denies Corruption
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- Gov't Gives Academics Failing Grade for Fraud in Research Funding