SOE Sets 2012 Record for Land Purchase
(Beijing) – A recent purchase by a state-owned enterprise (SOE) has set a record for the highest price paid for a parcel of land this year and serves as a reminder of SOEs' continued involvement in the property market.
A subsidiary of China Metallurgical Group Corp., paid 5.62 billion yuan on November 30 for a plot in downtown Nanjing, in the eastern province of Jiangsu.
- Planting the Seeds of Agricultural Reform
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Tour Bus Crash
- Surprise Exercise
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Gov't Digs Into Soil Pollution Problem with Proposal for New Standards
- Little Denmark Has Big Currency Question
- Views: Social Media Update
- Why Controversy Plays Starring Role in China's TV, Film Censorship
- The Week in Photos: January 17 – 23
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Samsung Loses Connection with Chinese Consumers in 2014
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Mao's Winding Road to Socialism
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future