SOE Sets 2012 Record for Land Purchase
(Beijing) – A recent purchase by a state-owned enterprise (SOE) has set a record for the highest price paid for a parcel of land this year and serves as a reminder of SOEs' continued involvement in the property market.
A subsidiary of China Metallurgical Group Corp., paid 5.62 billion yuan on November 30 for a plot in downtown Nanjing, in the eastern province of Jiangsu.
- Talking Time
- Most of World's Synthetic Drugs Made in China, Police Admit
- PetroChina Selling Half of Subsidiary Running Central Asian Pipelines
- Insurance Executive Said to Die in Office Days after Probe Started
- Progress at Universities Requires Outside Help, College President Says
- To Curb Carbon Emissions, Focus on New Consumers on the Move
- Business Trip
- College President Fired for Breaking Rules on Cars, Spending
- CRC to Start Selling Ads on Tickets as Part of Test Run
- Country's Rural Areas Face Shortage of Preschools, Ministry Says
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How a New Idea for Revamping the Economy Is Taking Shape
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- Official Figures for Major Smog Pollutant Last Year 'Off by Half'
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Plan to Develop Two New Beijing Districts 'Flies in Face of Population Curbs'
- With Big TV Deal, China's Pro Soccer League Looks to Score
- Closer Look: Baidu Joins Other Internet Giants to Open a Bank