SOE Sets 2012 Record for Land Purchase
(Beijing) – A recent purchase by a state-owned enterprise (SOE) has set a record for the highest price paid for a parcel of land this year and serves as a reminder of SOEs' continued involvement in the property market.
A subsidiary of China Metallurgical Group Corp., paid 5.62 billion yuan on November 30 for a plot in downtown Nanjing, in the eastern province of Jiangsu.
- TCM Still Struggling to Find Cure for Its FDA Woes
- In Monday's Papers: Russian Ruble Can Be Freely Used in Border City, Central Bank Permits Interbank Trading of CDs
- Alibaba to Invest over HK$ 2.8 Billion in Haier Subsidiaries
- PBOC Said to Be Talking to Major Banks about Deposit Insurance
- Breathing Uneasy
- Courting Financial Innovation
- Ruins of Urbanization
- In Friday's Papers: China, U.S. to Enhance Cooperation on Shale Gas; Wang Qishan 'May Only Serve Five Years'
- Fifth Chinese Artwork Sells for at Least 100 Mln Yuan in 2013
- Women and National Trauma in Late Imperial Chinese Literature
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Yi Gang: China's Forward-Thinking Forex Chief
- As U.S. Refuses a Dirty Fuel, China Only Too Ready to Increase Imports
- Gov't Grapples with Shortage of Natural Gas
- Closer Look: The Battle Lines Are Drawn for Alibaba and Tencent
- Never Ladies of Leisure
- Tough Timing
- Coal Industry Finds Itself at a Crossroads
- Closer Look: Visit by Cameron Focuses on Trade and Investment
- Yi Gang: China's Man for Market Logic
- Caixin Explains: New Rules for IPOs Let Market Forces Do the Talking