One Lawyer's Loyal Client, Even to the End
Fan Qihang (left) and Zhu Mingyong
The torture was so intense that a participating police officer pleaded for a re-assignment and the suspect, a local mafia member Fan Qihang, mutilated his own tongue before trying to kill himself by running head-first into a wall.
Yet Fan never capitulated to police demands that he testify falsely in court and help prosecutors put his lawyer, Zhu Mingyong, behind bars.
- Graphic: Should It Stay or Should It Go?
- Senior Inner Mongolia Official Latest to Run Afoul of Graft Investigators
- Closer Look: Jack Ma Loves Hong Kong. So Is He Moving There?
- Modi's India Awaits China's Xi
- After Years of Dominance, UnionPay's Enemies Arrive at the Gates
- 500 Bln Yuan Question: Is PBOC Going to Ease Liquidity for Certain Banks?
- Scotland Referendum
- Myanmar Heroin
- Cloudy River
- Typhoon Kalmaegi
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Spectre of Corruption Haunts Huawei
- Will Education Firm New Oriental Learn or Lose?
- UnionPay, Apple Said to Agree on U.S. Firm's New Payment Technology
- Coming to Grips with Ammonia in China's Haze
- Gov't Again Cracks Down on Schools for Migrant Workers' Children
- Closer Look: Alibaba's Looming IPO Sends Shockwaves through Bourses at Home, Abroad
- New-Energy Car Market Is Open Road, BYD CEO Wang Chuanfu Says
- PBOC Punishes Payment Companies for Mishandling Bank Card Transactions
- Media Outlet Blackmailed over 100 Companies, Xinhua Reports
- Gov't Cobbles Together Funding for Slum Renovation Projects