One Lawyer's Loyal Client, Even to the End
Fan Qihang (left) and Zhu Mingyong
The torture was so intense that a participating police officer pleaded for a re-assignment and the suspect, a local mafia member Fan Qihang, mutilated his own tongue before trying to kill himself by running head-first into a wall.
Yet Fan never capitulated to police demands that he testify falsely in court and help prosecutors put his lawyer, Zhu Mingyong, behind bars.
- Graphics: Coming Home
- Despite Legal Questions, Car-Hire Industry Races Ahead
- The Week in Photos: June 27 – July 3
- China Is Poised for 'Technology Takeoff'
- On Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four
- Left Behind
- Sleeping on Jupiter
- No Direction Rome
- Graphics: AIIB Voting Stakes
- Greece Is Often Rescued, but Never Saved
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Share Price Tumble Puts Tycoon Linked to Fallen Officials, Businessmen in Spotlight
- How Regulators Failed the Stock Market
- Gov't Once Again Tries to Pull Stock Market out of Nosedive
- Caixin Takes Over Sponsorship from HSBC of Markit's China PMI, Enters Financial Data Services
- China Said to Likely Enjoy Veto Power over AIIB's Big Decisions
- New Stakeholders for CITIC Securities Shake-Up
- Will 'Water Rings' Quench Beijing's Thirst?
- LeTV Said to Buy 18 Pct Stake in Coolpad for HK$ 2.73 Bln
- China Market Causes Headache for Big Foreign Drug Companies
- Chipmaker Intel on a China Partnership Drive