'Dream' Show as a Channel-Changer for China
(Beijing) – China's television production sector appears to be entering a more creative and potentially market-ready phase now that BBC Worldwide Ltd. has shown interest in buying a copyrighted reality-talent show format pioneered by Zhejiang Satellite Television (ZJST).
BBC Worldwide plans to pay an undetermined amount for the latest version of Chinese Dream Show if the popular program continues to win high audience ratings, said Du Fang, deputy director at ZJST.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter