En Route to the Bohai Tunnel
(Beijing) -- While a long coastal drive can be counted as a leisurely pursuit for some, the 1,800 kilometers of roads around the bend of the Bohai Sea remains a hard slog for those in the business of land transport.
From the city of Penglai, Shandong Province, to Lushun, Liaoning Province, the shortest distance between the two cities is a mere 106 kilometers. But not taking the long way around won't be an option until an undersea tunnel is in place.
- Book: Age of Ambition: Chasing Fortune, Truth and Faith in the New China
- Book: China Dolls
- The Market Likes PBOC's 1 Tln Yuan Move, but Wait
- The children's hour
- Star Crossed
- No Tech Barrier to Publishing Unemployment Rate, Statistics Official Says
- Beijing Subway Fares Set to Rise as Gov't Frets over Crowding, Subsidies
- Connecting to the World
- CCTV Executive behind 'A Bite of China' Food Documentary Detained
- Closer Look: Unifying the Hukou System Is a Start, but It's Just That
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- Graphics: Zhou Yongkang's Tangled Path
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- Caixin Explains: Central Committee Discipline Inspection Teams
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Central Committee Announces Inquiry into Ex-Security Boss Zhou Yongkang
- Snake Eyes and Scrutiny for Macao's Casinos
- CBRC Approves Three Private Banks as Part of Pilot