En Route to the Bohai Tunnel
(Beijing) -- While a long coastal drive can be counted as a leisurely pursuit for some, the 1,800 kilometers of roads around the bend of the Bohai Sea remains a hard slog for those in the business of land transport.
From the city of Penglai, Shandong Province, to Lushun, Liaoning Province, the shortest distance between the two cities is a mere 106 kilometers. But not taking the long way around won't be an option until an undersea tunnel is in place.
- Themed Dining
- Oil Giants Less Aggressive with Foreign Purchases Last Year
- Amid Graft Fight, Communist Party Wants Count of 'Unnatural Deaths'
- Closer Look: It's a Good Thing Taobao's Tussle with Regulator Spilled into Daylight
- Sinking Feeling
- Shenzhen's Circuit Breaker for Power Pricing
- Taobao, Gov't Get Real Testy over Fake Goods Accusations
- Shanghai Official Urges More Couples to Have Second Child
- Chinese Cities Go off Rails in Effort to Attract New Train Stations
- Water Works
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future