En Route to the Bohai Tunnel
(Beijing) -- While a long coastal drive can be counted as a leisurely pursuit for some, the 1,800 kilometers of roads around the bend of the Bohai Sea remains a hard slog for those in the business of land transport.
From the city of Penglai, Shandong Province, to Lushun, Liaoning Province, the shortest distance between the two cities is a mere 106 kilometers. But not taking the long way around won't be an option until an undersea tunnel is in place.
- The Waistland
- Cyanide Found in Dog Meat Sold to Restaurants, Zhejiang Court Hears
- In Paris, It's All about Growth
- Gov't Policies Actually Encourage Risky Investing Abroad
- Weeping Ceiling
- Insurance Firms Stop Online Sales, as Regulator Takes Long Look
- The Upright Magistrates
- Film: Tell Me a Beautiful World
- Exhibition: After Time
- Graphics: Going Mobile
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Closer Look: JD.com Sees Its High Hopes for WeChat Fall Short
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Four Shanghai Customs Officials Nabbed by Party Graft Buster
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Zhou Yongkang Used Start in Oil Industry to Rise to Public Security Czar
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- The Best Way to Remember Deng Xiaoping