En Route to the Bohai Tunnel
(Beijing) -- While a long coastal drive can be counted as a leisurely pursuit for some, the 1,800 kilometers of roads around the bend of the Bohai Sea remains a hard slog for those in the business of land transport.
From the city of Penglai, Shandong Province, to Lushun, Liaoning Province, the shortest distance between the two cities is a mere 106 kilometers. But not taking the long way around won't be an option until an undersea tunnel is in place.
- Organ Transplants Enter New Phase of Donations, Official Says
- Underground Disturbance
- Home Burial
- Closer Look: So Apple and Alipay Are Getting Married? Not So Fast
- Job Websites Adapt to Changing Industry by Targeting Individuals, Special Groups
- Graphic: Rising Tide of Investment
- Closer Look: CSRC Should Review Its Approvals-Based IPO System
- China's Growing Private Sector
- Advisory Body Votes to Raise Subway, Bus Fares in Capital
- Earning Trust of the People Requires Rule of Law
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- Alibaba Shopping Site Red-Faced after Number of Phone Orders Faked
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts