En Route to the Bohai Tunnel
(Beijing) -- While a long coastal drive can be counted as a leisurely pursuit for some, the 1,800 kilometers of roads around the bend of the Bohai Sea remains a hard slog for those in the business of land transport.
From the city of Penglai, Shandong Province, to Lushun, Liaoning Province, the shortest distance between the two cities is a mere 106 kilometers. But not taking the long way around won't be an option until an undersea tunnel is in place.
- Tycoon Said to Bring Down a Deputy Mayor, Control Key Beijing Land Deal
- Priced Out
- Party Carries out Leadership Reshuffle at State-Owned Shipbuilders
- Hong Kong's ATV Could Go Off Air in March, Largest Shareholder Says
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Shrewd Smiles as Online Bankers Test New Tech
- Clearing the Air
- Pollution Documentary Helps Raise Public Awareness, Experts Say
- State-Owned Firm Announces Deal for Italian Tire Maker Pirelli
- Car-Hire Services Compete for the Ride Stuff
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- Will Slow and Steady Win China's Economy Race?
- New Agenda for China's Feared Family Planners
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Sinophobia: Anxiety, Violence, and the Making of Mongolian Identity
- Graphics: AIIB's Aims
- China Said to Agree to Build Two Train Lines in Thailand
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Amid Worsening Pollution, Gov't Moves toward Law on Ecotaxes