En Route to the Bohai Tunnel
(Beijing) -- While a long coastal drive can be counted as a leisurely pursuit for some, the 1,800 kilometers of roads around the bend of the Bohai Sea remains a hard slog for those in the business of land transport.
From the city of Penglai, Shandong Province, to Lushun, Liaoning Province, the shortest distance between the two cities is a mere 106 kilometers. But not taking the long way around won't be an option until an undersea tunnel is in place.
- Central Bank Cuts Benchmark Lending Rate
- A Passage to India
- Hike in Train Ticket Prices This Year 'Unlikely After All'
- Graphics: Sino-Australian Trade Deal
- Another Hebei Official Is Targeted by Corruption Investigators
- Closer Look: Gov't Wants Proactive Tax Policies, but Ends Up with a Problem
- China-U.S. Investment Treaty Would Strengthen Economic Relations
- Top Prosecutor's Office Plans New Body to Better Fight Corruption
- Exercise Caution
- Book: Living Karma: The Religious Practices of Ouyi Zhixu
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Visa, MasterCard Confront China's Stacked Deck
- Chinese Developers' Projects in Malaysia Run into Series of Snags
- Is China Regressing to the Mean?
- Some Shanghai FTZ Reform Ideas Introduced to Rest of Country
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Closer Look: Why Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Was One-Way Road
- Alipay Will Do What Alibaba Couldn't, Jack Ma Says: List in China
- Graft Busters Find another Cash Pile, but Family Denies Corruption
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- Gov't Gives Academics Failing Grade for Fraud in Research Funding