Mergers Hunting in a Heyday for Buyout Funds
(Beijing) -- Private investors and companies with buyout ambitions are increasingly getting around barriers to traditional financing in China by steering onto the private equity highway.
And many have found a fast lane in the form of PE firms that specialize in buyouts, mergers and acquisitions.
Plans were announced between January and August to launch six buyout funds to raise nearly US$ 3 billion combined, or roughly 18.7 billion yuan, said Zero2IPO Group, an investment services provider. About one-third of that amount had been raised as of September.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter