Former Mayor of Chengdu Is Focus of Graft Investigation
A land auction is at the center of an investigation focusing on a former Chengdu mayor, Li Chuncheng. The Communist Party's anti-graft watchdog is probing Li, who was ousted as the Sichuan Province deputy party chief and removed from party ranks.
Li served in November as a Central Committee alternate at the 18th party congress, a sign his political career had been rising.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter