Animation Industry 'to Have Revenue of 32 Bln Yuan This Year'
(Beijing) -- The country's animation industry is expected to record total revenue of 32.1 billion yuan this year, and this will rise to 36 billion yuan in 2013, a report by Zero2IPO Group says.
In a report analyzing the investment value of the culture and creative industries, the industry information provider forecast fast growth of the animation sector. Some 518 animated shows were produced in 2012 and the number was expected to rise to 580 next year, Zero2IPO said.
- In Friday's Papers: Graft Inquiry of SOE Chairman Follows Media Reports, Weibo Corp. Shares Surge 19 Pct in U.S. Debut
- Bad Reflection
- Closer Look: The Best Kind of Gov't Intervention
- The Search for the Chinese Workers Who Helped Build America
- Book: China's Lost Modernist
- Film: Dragon City
- Shiller: What We Can Learn from Past Crises
- Minsheng Chairman Said to Hope New Company Builds Financial, Industrial Empire
- Mahjong Set
- P2P Lenders Heading into Dangerous Waters, Critics Say
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Miao Wei: China's Minister of Market Reform
- Officials in Shanxi Scramble to Sort out Steelmaker's Debt Mess
- Ex-Sichuan Official Target of Criminal Inquiry, Top Prosecutor Says
- Why 'Gentleman' Matters
- In Wednesday's Papers: Jet Lands at Sichuan Gas Station, Buys 194 Yuan Worth of Fuel; Six Districts, Counties Told to Stop Land Seizures
- How Telecom Graft in China Tripped Up Telstra
- Jack Ma's 6.5 Bln Yuan Bachelor Party
- Closer Look: Jack Ma Intends to Make Alibaba an Internet TV Star
- Closer Look: Funding Method for Jack Ma's Deal with Wasu Curious
- CNPC Pushes ahead with Controversial Sichuan Refinery Project