Animation Industry 'to Have Revenue of 32 Bln Yuan This Year'
(Beijing) -- The country's animation industry is expected to record total revenue of 32.1 billion yuan this year, and this will rise to 36 billion yuan in 2013, a report by Zero2IPO Group says.
In a report analyzing the investment value of the culture and creative industries, the industry information provider forecast fast growth of the animation sector. Some 518 animated shows were produced in 2012 and the number was expected to rise to 580 next year, Zero2IPO said.
- Media Watch: Former Star Reporter Causes Stir with Smog Documentary
- Ant Financial Subsidiary Starts Offering Individual Credit Scores
- Attempt to Gain New Investor Failed, New China Life Insurance Says
- Graphics: Coming and Going
- The Week in Photos: February 21-27
- Oil Giants Dispute Reports that Gov't Is Considering Mergers
- Going Out
- The Soft Edge of Cut Paper
- The Sino-Russian Challenge to the World Order
- Kalidasa for the 21st Century Reader: Selected Poetry and Drama
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Minsheng Tries Weathering a Maelstrom
- Three Private Shipping Companies Run into Financial Troubles
- Can Market Mechanisms Clear China's Bad Air?
- Closer Look: Local Officials Have Little Love for National Hukou Reform
- State Patronage Divides Confucian Intellectuals
- Tourism Tensions Have HK Mulling Limits on Visitor Numbers
- Experts Split on Whether Merger of Taxi App Firms Breaks Law
- Is It Time to Include the Yuan in IMF Basket?
- Gov't Orders Documentary about Gays, Lesbians Removed from Net
- Gov't Moves on GM Crops Spur Industry's Cautious Optimism