Commercial Plot Sold for 2012-Record Price
(Shanghai) – A consortium bought a commercial plot in Hongkou District, northeast Shanghai, for 5.68 billion yuan December 26 amid what's being called a recovery for the land market in first- and second-tier cities nationwide.
The local government sold the 40,577 square meters, where developers plan to build more than 240,000 square meters of retail and office space, for 23,330 yuan per square meter.
- Black Holes
- Mecca: The Sacred City
- Graphics: China's Overworked Workers
- Capital's Gov't Says Subway Fares Will Double Starting December
- Despite Minor Disputes, Ties with China Best in History, German Envoy Says
- "Happiest People"
- Wal-Mart Says It Has Laid Off 28 Managers, 90 Others
- Robot Waiter
- Nanning Stabbings
- Another Brother in Prominent Shanxi Family Is Target of Graft Investigation
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- Clearing the Air with a Sino-U.S. Climate Pact
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Justin Lin Ignores Population Factor with Growth Predictions
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect
- Websites Offering Subtitles for Foreign TV Shows, Movies Shut Down
- China Needs All-Out Effort to Meet Emissions Goals, Experts Say
- A Passage to India
- Court to Rehear 1996 Murder Case that Ended with Suspect's Execution
- Scientists Issue Warning over Development of Coastal Wetlands