Commercial Plot Sold for 2012-Record Price
(Shanghai) – A consortium bought a commercial plot in Hongkou District, northeast Shanghai, for 5.68 billion yuan December 26 amid what's being called a recovery for the land market in first- and second-tier cities nationwide.
The local government sold the 40,577 square meters, where developers plan to build more than 240,000 square meters of retail and office space, for 23,330 yuan per square meter.
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- China as Responsible Stakeholder or Just 'Guest'?
- Qingdao Stepping-Out
- China Mobile to Set up 'Mixed-Share' Company for Content Businesses
- The Muddy Waters of Social Media
- Hami Station Fire
- Chronic Pain
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Ex-Minsheng Chairman Takes Helm of Private Capital 'Aircraft Carrier'
- Caixin Podcast: Red Cross Probe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- A Modern Reflection of Germany and Austria-Hungary?
- Closer Look: JD.com Sees Its High Hopes for WeChat Fall Short
- Views: Making Sense of China's Anti-Monopoly Campaign
- Iron Ore Prices Tumble as Four Large Producers Ramp up Production
- Four Shanghai Customs Officials Nabbed by Party Graft Buster
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Analysts Wonder If Trust Industry Has Reached a Tipping Point
- For Graft Investigators, a Son Like His Father
- Media Watch: Efforts to Remember Deng Start, and So Does Divining What They Mean