Commercial Plot Sold for 2012-Record Price
(Shanghai) – A consortium bought a commercial plot in Hongkou District, northeast Shanghai, for 5.68 billion yuan December 26 amid what's being called a recovery for the land market in first- and second-tier cities nationwide.
The local government sold the 40,577 square meters, where developers plan to build more than 240,000 square meters of retail and office space, for 23,330 yuan per square meter.
- Zhang Zhixin: The Woman who took on the 'Gang of Four'
- Growing Pains
- Cathay: Ezra Pound's re-imagination of Chinese Poetry
- The Clash of Titans: A Look Back at the Sino-Indian War
- Talking Time
- Most of World's Synthetic Drugs Made in China, Police Admit
- PetroChina Selling Half of Subsidiary Running Central Asian Pipelines
- Insurance Executive Said to Die in Office Days after Probe Started
- Progress at Universities Requires Outside Help, College President Says
- To Curb Carbon Emissions, Focus on New Consumers on the Move
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020
- Closer Look: Why Official Goals for Natural Gas Use Are in Doubt
- With Big TV Deal, China's Pro Soccer League Looks to Score
- Closer Look: Baidu Joins Other Internet Giants to Open a Bank
- Chairman of Securities Firm's HK Subsidiary 'Missing for Six Days'
- China 1945: Mao's Revolution and America's Fateful Choice