Transparency Dawning for China's Leadership
China's official news agency Xinhua profiled the Communist Party's new leaders Xi Jinping and Li Keqiang, as well as their five colleagues on the Politburo Standing Committee, in a series of reports with photos appearing over a three-day period in late December. The reports described their careers, leadership styles and hobbies. Recent and vintage photos showed the leaders at work and relaxing with relatives. The Xi profile included stories about his late father Xi Zhongxun, mother Qi Xin, wife Peng Liyuan and daughter Xi Mingze.
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation
- CBRC Approves Three Private Banks as Part of Pilot