Gov't Financing through Shadow Banking System Restricted
(Beijing) -- Four central government ministries have issued rules intended to regulate local governments' financing of infrastructure projects, mainly targeting fund-raising in the growing shadow banking system.
According to a notice published by the Ministry of Finance, the National Development and Reform Commission, the central bank and the China Banking Regulatory Commission, local governments are banned from raising funds from the public and through buy-back contracts.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter