CDB Cancels Loans for Ping An Deal
(Beijing) – The Hong Kong branch of China Development Bank (CDB) has been ordered by its Beijing headquarters to cancel loans that would have been used to finance an acquisition involving the nation's second largest insurer, a source from the bank said.
The source said the decision was reached because of a Caixin report over the problematic financing of the deal.
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Gov't Orders End to Sending Blood Samples Abroad for Fetus Sex Checks
- Capital Said to Plan Residence Permit System to Address Benefits Inequality
- Reserved Parking
- The New Capital of Bio-Tech and Life Sciences
- Young at Art
- Bumper Harvest
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Fantasy Islands: Chinese Dreams and Ecological Fears in an Age of Climate Crisis
- Shanghai Future: Modernity Remade
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- HR Boss of Major Telecoms Supplier 'Missing after Making Graft Allegations'
- Samsung Loses Connection with Chinese Consumers in 2014
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Mao's Winding Road to Socialism
- Year after Launch of Shanghai FTZ, Three New Zones Set to Open
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Gov't to Give Employees 60 Pct Pay Hike as Part of Pension Reform
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future