CDB Cancels Loans for Ping An Deal
(Beijing) – The Hong Kong branch of China Development Bank (CDB) has been ordered by its Beijing headquarters to cancel loans that would have been used to finance an acquisition involving the nation's second largest insurer, a source from the bank said.
The source said the decision was reached because of a Caixin report over the problematic financing of the deal.
- The Euro Currency Pain Will Remain for Chinese Exporters
- Caixin Media Statement
- Making an Exit
- New Property Policies Give Boost to Main Stock Indexes
- Rhodes Scholar Program to Pick Chinese Recipients for First Time
- Caixin Pledges to Defend Hu Shuli's Reputation
- The Week in Photos: March 21-27
- Central Gov't Indicates Developers Can Build Bigger Homes
- Military-Linked Hospital Allows Fake Doctor to Practice
- Rates on Hold as Fed Bows to Wall Street and Washington
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Tycoon Said to Bring Down a Deputy Mayor, Control Key Beijing Land Deal
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- Reinventing the Bicycle in Beijing
- Confucius and the World He Created
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Sinophobia: Anxiety, Violence, and the Making of Mongolian Identity
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Shrewd Smiles as Online Bankers Test New Tech