CDB Cancels Loans for Ping An Deal
(Beijing) – The Hong Kong branch of China Development Bank (CDB) has been ordered by its Beijing headquarters to cancel loans that would have been used to finance an acquisition involving the nation's second largest insurer, a source from the bank said.
The source said the decision was reached because of a Caixin report over the problematic financing of the deal.
- CIC Announces Appointment of Shanghai Vice Mayor as General Manager
- Maiden Flight
- China's Bullet Train Export Hopes Hit a Wall
- Forex Woes Force Qihoo to Extend Privatization Deadline
- Shanghai Cracks Down on Illegal Capital Flight
- Unseen Opportunities Created by 'Brexit'
- Points to Ponder when Building China's Future Megalopolis
- Closer Look: Putin's Latest State Visit Highlights Mutual Interests with China
- Shenzhen Bourse Queries Vanke's Hostile Suitors
- Toxin Fears Trigger School Running Track Furor
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Brexit: The View from China
- China Seeks Assurances Against Possible Debt Default by Venezuela
- Senior Ideologue Kills Self over Party Infighting
- Sexually Abused Teens: China's Tragic Taboo
- Chinese High Speed Rail Builder Doubts U.S. Partner's Sincerity
- Substandard Running Tracks Sicken China's Children
- Lessons from South Korea for China's Economic Rebalancing Act
- Investor Pain over Mobile Medical App Strain
- Intensifying Battle over Who Controls Vanke
- Two Top Chinese Steel Makers to Reorganize, May Merge