CDB Cancels Loans for Ping An Deal
(Beijing) – The Hong Kong branch of China Development Bank (CDB) has been ordered by its Beijing headquarters to cancel loans that would have been used to finance an acquisition involving the nation's second largest insurer, a source from the bank said.
The source said the decision was reached because of a Caixin report over the problematic financing of the deal.
- Where's the Beef? Getting Ready to Head to China From U.S.
- Uber China Boss Liu Zhen to Step Down
- Agricultural Bank of China's New York Branch Told to Improve Anti-laundering Measures
- China's Finance Ministry Mulls Trading in Government Bonds
- Caixin Factory PMI Edges Higher in September
- Spent-Fuel Issues Cloud China's Nuclear Push
- Domestic Cars' Quality Approaching That of Foreign Models, Expert Says
- SDR Entry Marks Beginning, Not End, of China's Arrival on World Financial Platform
- China's New Growth Model May Be Key to Tackling Global Climate Change
- China-Funded Nuclear Project in U.K. Gets Final Go-Ahead
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- WeChat Tests Feature Allowing Mobile Services Without Apps
- Forged Document Used in Soccer Team Purchase, Bank Says
- Baosteel-WISCO Merger Marks Beginning of Steel Industry Transformation
- Mother's Killing Her 4 Children Reveals Cracks in Anti-Poverty Drive
- IMF Official Expects Yuan to Increase SDR Interest Rate
- Courts to Accept WeChat Posts as Evidence in Criminal Cases
- For Alibaba, India Is the New China
- Government Plans Massive Relocation to Fight Poverty
- Dongbei Special Steel Group Forced Into Bankruptcy
- Foreign Companies Still Trying to Break Into China's Investment Funds Market