CDB Cancels Loans for Ping An Deal
(Beijing) – The Hong Kong branch of China Development Bank (CDB) has been ordered by its Beijing headquarters to cancel loans that would have been used to finance an acquisition involving the nation's second largest insurer, a source from the bank said.
The source said the decision was reached because of a Caixin report over the problematic financing of the deal.
- Problems Listed in Audit Reports Were Seen Before
- Progress on SOEs Means Answering Political Questions
- In Wednesday's Papers: NDRC Approving Fewer Projects, Interbank Interest Rates Rise on Tight Liquidity
- Honeymoon's Over for Sweethearts of SOE Reform
- The Real Way to Cut Gov't Influence over Economy
- The European Experiment, Three Years On
- Risks in Financing Platforms Pose a Challenge, CBRC Says
- Lean In
- China's Open Source Hardware Movement
- Goldman Sachs Sells Last ICBC Shares
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Too Big To Fail Is Bigger than Ever
- Why Foxconn's Switch to Robots Hasn't Been Automatic
- Marriage, Sex and Character
- Playing the Long Game
- Investment Company Asks: Can We Legally Short Sell?
- The Real Reason the Stock Market Is Slumping
- Teams to Draft Reform Topics for Party Congress Set up
- Is China Welcome in the Arctic?
- Errors of Aggression Catch up with Underwriter
- Graphics: Defining the Chinese Dream