Head of Construction Firm Ensnared in Chengdu Scandal
The scandal involving a former Chengdu mayor has spread to the business sector, as Zhang Jun, chairman of state-owned Chengdu Jiangong Group (CDJG), is being investigated by Communist Party discipline officials.
Zhang has not been seen in public since December 31, spurring several local banks to start checking loans they made to his company.
The investigation into Zhang is related to Li Chuncheng, the former mayor of Chengdu and an alternate to the party's 18th Central Committee, sources close to the matter said.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter