Closer Look: New Year Not So Happy for Officials Seeking Fund-raising Options
As local government officials looked forward to the new year, some hoped Beijing would relax restrictions on their financing tools.
Instead, they were hit with tougher rules.
"The four ministries' joint notification really grabbed us by the neck," said the manager of a local government financing platform (LGFP) company in Guizhou Province.
The document he referred to was released on December 24 by the Ministry of Finance, the central bank, the China Banking Regulatory Commission and the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
- The Hard Luck of the Persecution Machine
- Krakatau: The Tale of Lampung Submerged
- Monkey Hunting
- Home Library
- In Plans for Rural Exodus, Policymakers Must Factor in Inequality
- Caixin Summit
- Going Underground
- Experts at Caixin Summit Discuss Challenges Confronting Economic Growth
- Gov't Fleshes Out Reform to Gaokao System
- Coastal Sprawl and a Last Stand for Wetlands
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China, Russia Near Deal for Wide-Body Aircraft
- China Mobile's Dead End on the 3G Highway
- The Parenting Trap of Cultural Patterns
- Tesla's China VP Steps Down After 9-Month Stint
- Executed Teen Found Innocent 18 Years Later
- Welcome to the New Normal in China
- CRCC to Join Bid for Singapore-Kuala Lumpur Link
- Former SOE Head Handed Death Sentence for Fraud Scheme
- Auto Dealers Adjust to Click-and-Drive Trend
- Indian Court Blocks Xiaomi Phone Sales