Closer Look: New Year Not So Happy for Officials Seeking Fund-raising Options
As local government officials looked forward to the new year, some hoped Beijing would relax restrictions on their financing tools.
Instead, they were hit with tougher rules.
"The four ministries' joint notification really grabbed us by the neck," said the manager of a local government financing platform (LGFP) company in Guizhou Province.
The document he referred to was released on December 24 by the Ministry of Finance, the central bank, the China Banking Regulatory Commission and the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter