CIC Eyes More Investments in Manufacturing, Property
(Hong Kong) -- China Investment Corp. (CIC) will expand its investments in manufacturing and real estate this year in search of better returns, says Lou Jiwei, chairman of the country's sovereign wealth fund.
Lou said on January 14 at the Asian Financial Forum in Hong Kong that CIC long focused on investments in the financial and commodities sectors, but this year it would increase investment in manufacturing in a bid to further diversify.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter