CIC Eyes More Investments in Manufacturing, Property
(Hong Kong) -- China Investment Corp. (CIC) will expand its investments in manufacturing and real estate this year in search of better returns, says Lou Jiwei, chairman of the country's sovereign wealth fund.
Lou said on January 14 at the Asian Financial Forum in Hong Kong that CIC long focused on investments in the financial and commodities sectors, but this year it would increase investment in manufacturing in a bid to further diversify.
- Market Cave-In
- China's Passport Selfies Service Hits a Snag
- China Unveils System to Insure Depositors If a Bank Fails
- Opportunity Knocks at New Infrastructure Bank
- Capital's Schools to Close When Air Pollution Gets Too Bad
- Slowly, China Prepares to Raise Retirement Age
- Caixin Suing Guo Wengui and Hong Kong Media
- The Euro Currency Pain Will Remain for Chinese Exporters
- Making an Exit
- New Property Policies Give Boost to Main Stock Indexes
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Tycoon Said to Bring Down a Deputy Mayor, Control Key Beijing Land Deal
- Reinventing the Bicycle in Beijing
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- Caixin Pledges to Defend Hu Shuli's Reputation
- Confucius and the World He Created
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Military-Linked Hospital Allows Fake Doctor to Practice