CIC Eyes More Investments in Manufacturing, Property
(Hong Kong) -- China Investment Corp. (CIC) will expand its investments in manufacturing and real estate this year in search of better returns, says Lou Jiwei, chairman of the country's sovereign wealth fund.
Lou said on January 14 at the Asian Financial Forum in Hong Kong that CIC long focused on investments in the financial and commodities sectors, but this year it would increase investment in manufacturing in a bid to further diversify.
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- China as Responsible Stakeholder or Just 'Guest'?
- Qingdao Stepping-Out
- China Mobile to Set up 'Mixed-Share' Company for Content Businesses
- The Muddy Waters of Social Media
- Hami Station Fire
- Chronic Pain
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Ex-Minsheng Chairman Takes Helm of Private Capital 'Aircraft Carrier'
- Caixin Podcast: Red Cross Probe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- A Modern Reflection of Germany and Austria-Hungary?
- Closer Look: JD.com Sees Its High Hopes for WeChat Fall Short
- Views: Making Sense of China's Anti-Monopoly Campaign
- Iron Ore Prices Tumble as Four Large Producers Ramp up Production
- Four Shanghai Customs Officials Nabbed by Party Graft Buster
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Analysts Wonder If Trust Industry Has Reached a Tipping Point
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- For Graft Investigators, a Son Like His Father
- Detention of Haitong Securities Executive 'Is Linked to Bond Scandal'