CIC Eyes More Investments in Manufacturing, Property
(Hong Kong) -- China Investment Corp. (CIC) will expand its investments in manufacturing and real estate this year in search of better returns, says Lou Jiwei, chairman of the country's sovereign wealth fund.
Lou said on January 14 at the Asian Financial Forum in Hong Kong that CIC long focused on investments in the financial and commodities sectors, but this year it would increase investment in manufacturing in a bid to further diversify.
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation
- CBRC Approves Three Private Banks as Part of Pilot