CIC Eyes More Investments in Manufacturing, Property
(Hong Kong) -- China Investment Corp. (CIC) will expand its investments in manufacturing and real estate this year in search of better returns, says Lou Jiwei, chairman of the country's sovereign wealth fund.
Lou said on January 14 at the Asian Financial Forum in Hong Kong that CIC long focused on investments in the financial and commodities sectors, but this year it would increase investment in manufacturing in a bid to further diversify.
- China's Largest Private Shipbuilder to Cut 2,000 Jobs in 2016
- COSCO Shipping H1 Profits Sink 12 Pct Due to Freight Rate Slump
- Investment Dip Rains on China's Upbeat Economy
- Schoolgirl Dies of Heart Attack after Falling Prey to A Phone Scam that Syphoned Her Tuition Money
- Spring Air Fuels Expansion with 10 New Airbus Jets
- P2P Firms in China Get Wings Clipped by New Rules
- PBOC Official Xuan Changneng to Join CSRC to Assist the Chairman
- Closer Look: Qihoo Retires from Public View after Record Privatization
- Beijing Overhauls Electric Vehicle Incentives to Weed Out Cheaters
- PetroChina, CNOOC Profits Slump as Prices and Domestic Demand Drop
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Edges Closer to a Liquidity Trap
- Souring Business, Xenophobia Makes China Dream Lose Its Appeal for African Migrants
- First China Made Bullet Train Makes Maiden Trip
- China to Bring Back Equity Incentives for SOE Employees
- Farewell Medal Mania, Hello Sports Reform
- Dalian Wanda's Property Arm To Delist from Hong Kong in September
- China Behind on Plans to Trim Overcapacity
- Beijing Floats Extension of Debt-to-Equity Plan to Wider Range of Creditors
- Alibaba Rakes in Millions Selling Co-branding Rights to Double 11 Gala
- Can Baseball Finally Hit a Home Run in China?