CIC Eyes More Investments in Manufacturing, Property
(Hong Kong) -- China Investment Corp. (CIC) will expand its investments in manufacturing and real estate this year in search of better returns, says Lou Jiwei, chairman of the country's sovereign wealth fund.
Lou said on January 14 at the Asian Financial Forum in Hong Kong that CIC long focused on investments in the financial and commodities sectors, but this year it would increase investment in manufacturing in a bid to further diversify.
- In Thursday's Papers: Chinalco's Copper Mine in Peru Opens, Tariffs for Hundreds of Imports to Be Cut
- Fishmonger Fracas
- Pay to Play
- Project to Save South China Tigers in South Africa Lost in Wilderness
- Two More Journalists Held over Bribe-Taking
- Gov't Considers Ending Heavily Criticized Cotton Subsidies
- Closer Look: Jingdong Gives Alibaba Some Company in Financial Industry
- In Wednesday's Papers: Railroad Line Lacking Environmental Approval to Still Open, HSBC to Sell Stake in Bank of Shanghai
- Central Bank, CBRC Split on Including Rural Lenders in Deposit Plan
- Closer Look: Annual Work Conference Picks Up Where Plenum Left Off
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Yi Gang: China's Forward-Thinking Forex Chief
- As U.S. Refuses a Dirty Fuel, China Only Too Ready to Increase Imports
- Coal Industry Finds Itself at a Crossroads
- Evergrande Partners with Harvard to Build Hospital in China
- Sina Corp., Investment Fund Management Firms Mull Net Sales
- Ruins of Urbanization
- In Friday's Papers: China, U.S. to Enhance Cooperation on Shale Gas; Wang Qishan 'May Only Serve Five Years'
- PBOC Said to Be Talking to Major Banks about Deposit Insurance
- Closer Look: Visit by Cameron Focuses on Trade and Investment
- Yi Gang: China's Man for Market Logic