Low-Budget Comedy Finds Record-Setting Success
A movie poster for the hit comedy Lost in Thailand.
(Beijing) – Since its debut on December 12, the low-budget comedy Lost in Thailand has earned 1.2 billion yuan at the box office, making it the most profitable film ever in China.
In the month since it opened, a record 38 million cinema-goers have viewed the movie, a story about three men who visit Thailand. This means the film has had more Chinese viewers than the most popular Hollywood blockbusters to hit the country, Transformers III and Avatar.
- Hidden Anguish
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says
- A French Revolution, Please!
- Lianghui Quotes：March 7
- Egypt's Road to Rejuvenation Is Opening, Veteran Diplomat Says
- Scaffold Collapse
- The Siege of Tsingtao
- The Celestials
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Lianghui Quotes: March 6
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter