Subway Builder's Dark Tunnel on the Mainland
(Beijing) — Chinese cities banking on public transit projects to generate economic growth are turning a hopeful eye toward publicly traded subway contractor Mass Transit Railway Corp. Ltd.
What's unclear, though, is whether Hong Kong-listed MTR is willing or even allowed to work with second- and third-tier governments in cities where urban mass transit generally means buses.
- Hidden Anguish
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says
- A French Revolution, Please!
- Lianghui Quotes：March 7
- Egypt's Road to Rejuvenation Is Opening, Veteran Diplomat Says
- Scaffold Collapse
- The Siege of Tsingtao
- The Celestials
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Lianghui Quotes: March 6
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter