China Taps Forex Stash for Globalization Cash
(Beijing) — Securing U.S. dollars for overseas investments is getting easier now that the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE) has opened a direct channel for funneling some of China's US$ 3 trillion in forex cash to the lending arms of state-run banks.
The service launched last summer reflects a government initiative to widen the scope of forex investments announced last year by People's Bank of China Governor Zhou Xiaochuan, whose agency oversees SAFE.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter