16 Companies Win Bids to Prospect for Shale Gas
(Beijing) – Sixteen companies won the right to prospect 19 shale gas blocks in a second round of bidding, the Ministry of Land and Resources said on January 21.
Fourteen of the firms are state-owned and two are private.
The companies are to invest a combined 12.8 billion yuan to explore the shale gas blocks over a three-year period that starts this year, the companies' bid documents show.
- Chongqing Flood
- Back on Track
- Where is the money
- China Unicom Agrees to Host Tesla Rechargers at Its Branches
- Two Shanxi Officials with Troubled Pasts Now Graft Suspects Themselves
- Agricultural Bank's Chairman Said to Take Party Post in Jilin
- After Success at Home, Smartphone Maker Eyes Long-Distance Call
- Magsaysay Award
- The Week in Photos: August 23 – 29
- Address Claims of Anti-Foreigner Bias in Monopoly Investigations
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- Haier's New Look: 'Micro-Enterprise' Platform
- Cyanide Found in Dog Meat Sold to Restaurants, Zhejiang Court Hears
- More Officials in Scandal-Hit Shanxi Come under CDIC Scrutiny
- Former Auditor at China Resources Group 'Detained by Police'
- Why Anti-Monopoly Investigations Are Happening Now
- No Free Rides in Iraq
- Vanke Tries Promotion with Taobao amid Slowing Sales
- Baidu Disconnects from Its Plan to Join Gov't Telecoms Pilot