Investors in Fraudulent Wealth Management Plan Repaid
(Shanghai) – Investors who bought into a fraudulent wealth management plan got their money back without interest.
About 80 investors have received payments equal to their principal investment, several investors said. They agreed not to seek any interest.
The agreement was reached at a meeting on January 9 at Huaxia Bank's Jiading branch in suburban Shanghai, where the wealth product was sold.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter