Investors in Fraudulent Wealth Management Plan Repaid
(Shanghai) – Investors who bought into a fraudulent wealth management plan got their money back without interest.
About 80 investors have received payments equal to their principal investment, several investors said. They agreed not to seek any interest.
The agreement was reached at a meeting on January 9 at Huaxia Bank's Jiading branch in suburban Shanghai, where the wealth product was sold.
- Hidden Anguish
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says
- A French Revolution, Please!
- Lianghui Quotes：March 7
- Egypt's Road to Rejuvenation Is Opening, Veteran Diplomat Says
- Scaffold Collapse
- The Siege of Tsingtao
- The Celestials
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Lianghui Quotes: March 6
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Electric Car Charging Stations Powering Down
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- The Logic of the Left in China
- Yuan Won't Overtake Dollar until Changes Are Made, Economist Says
- Eyes on the Prize
- From Tycoon to Target
- Closer Look: So Who Stops a Run on Yu E Bao Accounts?
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- Gary Locke Expresses Optimism for Future of Sino-U.S. Ties
- Caixin Explains: What Is Yu E Bao and Why Is It in the News?