Investors in Fraudulent Wealth Management Plan Repaid
(Shanghai) – Investors who bought into a fraudulent wealth management plan got their money back without interest.
About 80 investors have received payments equal to their principal investment, several investors said. They agreed not to seek any interest.
The agreement was reached at a meeting on January 9 at Huaxia Bank's Jiading branch in suburban Shanghai, where the wealth product was sold.
- Planting the Seeds of Agricultural Reform
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Tour Bus Crash
- Surprise Exercise
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Gov't Digs Into Soil Pollution Problem with Proposal for New Standards
- Little Denmark Has Big Currency Question
- Views: Social Media Update
- Why Controversy Plays Starring Role in China's TV, Film Censorship
- The Week in Photos: January 17 – 23
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Samsung Loses Connection with Chinese Consumers in 2014
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Mao's Winding Road to Socialism
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future