Investors in Fraudulent Wealth Management Plan Repaid
(Shanghai) – Investors who bought into a fraudulent wealth management plan got their money back without interest.
About 80 investors have received payments equal to their principal investment, several investors said. They agreed not to seek any interest.
The agreement was reached at a meeting on January 9 at Huaxia Bank's Jiading branch in suburban Shanghai, where the wealth product was sold.
- Wrecking Ball
- Soccer Team, Major Sponsor Get Shirty over Jersey Change
- Advocate for Transplant Reform Not Done Yet
- Scandal at Aviation Regulator Widens as Another Official Investigated
- China Must Show Resolve in Combating Terrorism
- Leaky Pipes
- Chairman of Securities Firm's HK Subsidiary 'Missing for Six Days'
- Xi, Li Express Their Support for Developing Robotics Industry
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Alibaba Said to Be Taking Stake in Publisher of HK Newspaper
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Country's First Cruise Ship Heads to Port for Final Time
- How a New Idea for Revamping the Economy Is Taking Shape
- Official Figures for Major Smog Pollutant Last Year 'Off by Half'
- China Eyes More Muscle for Market Supervision
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- Why the IMF's Likely Recognition of the Yuan Will Matter
- Party Graft Buster Announces Inquiry into CSRC Official
- Scandal-Hit Citic Securities Says Its Party Head Will Retire