No Hiding China's Cover-up Problem
The attempted cover-up of two recent industrial accidents in Shanxi Province has dealt yet another blow to government credibility in China.
In the first, the China Railway Tunnel Group – a supposedly "well-managed state-owned enterprise" – tried to cover up a deadly explosion at a construction project, even going to extent of moving the bodies elsewhere for cremation.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter