Closer Look: Public Debates How Divorces Involving Homosexuality Should Be Handled
A demonstration in Guangzhou in April 2012 that called for legal recognition of same-sex marriages
A public discussion has started in China regarding heterosexual women who are married to gay men. One woman writing in a microblog described the situation as being "imprisoned in an unhappy marriage."
A 2005 report by sexologist Liu Dalin says 90 percent of homosexual and bisexual men in China get married. According to one estimate, more than 10 million women are married to gay men.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter