Closer Look: Public Debates How Divorces Involving Homosexuality Should Be Handled
A demonstration in Guangzhou in April 2012 that called for legal recognition of same-sex marriages
A public discussion has started in China regarding heterosexual women who are married to gay men. One woman writing in a microblog described the situation as being "imprisoned in an unhappy marriage."
A 2005 report by sexologist Liu Dalin says 90 percent of homosexual and bisexual men in China get married. According to one estimate, more than 10 million women are married to gay men.
- Did a Chinese Insurer Cross the Investor Line?
- Caixin China PMI: Chilly April for Factories with Index Falling to 49.4
- Fast Track
- Fund Used to Bailout Stock Markets Lose 12 percent in Value
- Former Head of CDB Leasing Denies Taking Bribes from China Southern Airlines
- Coal Addiction Spells Trouble for Wind Power Producers
- Crash Site
- China Said to See 'Record Number' of Financial Scams Cases in 2015
- Country Facing 'Unprecedented Problem' Storing Extra Grain, Official Says
- Taxing Times for Booming Consumer Market
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Heilongjiang Says It Will Subsidize Homebuyers to Spur Demand
- Executive Who Worked at Tencent, Alibaba Denies Taking Bribes
- Global Perceptions Shape Relations with China
- Hong Kong Spring Auction Brushes Out Art Market Gloom
- Dumping Toxins in a Cloudy Legal Environment
- King Norodom's Head
- Remembering a Master of Kunqu Opera Four Centuries On
- A Student Revolutionary's memoir on the Year Mao Died