CSRC Mulls Launch of Gold Exchange-Traded Funds
(Beijing) – The securities regulator is mulling launching gold exchange-traded funds (ETFs) as a way to create choices for investors.
The China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) issued provisional guidelines for gold ETFs on January 25.
The booming gold market required diversified investment instruments, a CSRC official said. Preparations for launching the gold ETFs have been made over the past few years, and the funds would be available soon.
- Cathay: Ezra Pound's re-imagination of Chinese Poetry
- The Clash of Titans: A Look Back at the Sino-Indian War
- Talking Time
- Most of World's Synthetic Drugs Made in China, Police Admit
- PetroChina Selling Half of Subsidiary Running Central Asian Pipelines
- Insurance Executive Said to Die in Office Days after Probe Started
- Progress at Universities Requires Outside Help, College President Says
- To Curb Carbon Emissions, Focus on New Consumers on the Move
- Business Trip
- College President Fired for Breaking Rules on Cars, Spending
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- How a New Idea for Revamping the Economy Is Taking Shape
- Official Figures for Major Smog Pollutant Last Year 'Off by Half'
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020
- Plan to Develop Two New Beijing Districts 'Flies in Face of Population Curbs'
- With Big TV Deal, China's Pro Soccer League Looks to Score
- Closer Look: Baidu Joins Other Internet Giants to Open a Bank