Closer Look: How Huawei Quietly Became a Mobile Phone Giant
Huawei Technologies Co., well-known as a provider of telecoms network equipment and technology solutions, is enjoying impressive results in its mobile handset business after years of low-profile development.
Market research institution International Data Corp. (IDC) says Huawei sold 10.8 million mobile phones around the world in the fourth quarter of 2012, third behind Samsung and Apple.
- Deadly Plunge
- Investor Accuses ABC of Insider Trading over Sale of State-Owned Firm's Bonds
- Tech Progress Depends on More Reform, Including for Intellectual Property
- Did a Chinese Insurer Cross the Investor Line?
- Caixin China PMI: Chilly April for Factories with Index Falling to 49.4
- Fast Track
- Fund Used to Bailout Stock Markets Lose 12 percent in Value
- Former Head of CDB Leasing Denies Taking Bribes from China Southern Airlines
- Coal Addiction Spells Trouble for Wind Power Producers
- Crash Site
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter