Beijing's Housing Market Surges in January
(Beijing) – Some 11,156 homes were sold in the capital from the beginning of the year to January 28, a 570 percent increase compared to the same period in 2012, a property agency says.
Nearly 400 units were sold on average every day from January 22 to 28, HomeLink said, despite the fact that the beginning of the year was usually slow. The average housing price was 23,259 yuan per square meter on January 28.
- Shenzhen's Circuit Breaker for Power Pricing
- Taobao, Gov't Get Real Testy over Fake Goods Accusations
- Shanghai Official Urges More Couples to Have Second Child
- Chinese Cities Go off Rails in Effort to Attract New Train Stations
- Water Works
- Risky Bridges?
- Planting the Seeds of Agricultural Reform
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Tour Bus Crash
- Surprise Exercise
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Samsung Loses Connection with Chinese Consumers in 2014
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future