In Monday's Papers: Xi Jinping Meets Gansu Peasants, Central Bank Governor and CDB Chief in CPPCC
Xi Jinping Meets Gansu Peasants
Communist Party General Secretary Xi Jinping has assured peasants in Gansu Province, in the west, that the government will help them improve their living conditions. Xi wished peasants in Dingxi a happy new year and inspected a greenhouse for growing potatoes and a water supply project under development. The party chief presented 447 families with gift packages that included cooking oil, pork and flour. Students received school supplies.
Original article on Caixin
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Tour Bus Crash
- Surprise Exercise
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Gov't Digs Into Soil Pollution Problem with Proposal for New Standards
- Little Denmark Has Big Currency Question
- Views: Social Media Update
- Why Controversy Plays Starring Role in China's TV, Film Censorship
- The Week in Photos: January 17 – 23
- Hangzhou Flash Mob
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Samsung Loses Connection with Chinese Consumers in 2014
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Mao's Winding Road to Socialism
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future