In Monday's Papers: Xi Jinping Meets Gansu Peasants, Central Bank Governor and CDB Chief in CPPCC
Xi Jinping Meets Gansu Peasants
Communist Party General Secretary Xi Jinping has assured peasants in Gansu Province, in the west, that the government will help them improve their living conditions. Xi wished peasants in Dingxi a happy new year and inspected a greenhouse for growing potatoes and a water supply project under development. The party chief presented 447 families with gift packages that included cooking oil, pork and flour. Students received school supplies.
Original article on Caixin
- Regulator Reviews Shareholders in Bank Zhejiang Alibaba Proposed
- Debate over Monetary Rule Should Trump Labor Market Conundrum
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- Ice Bucket Challenge Could Give Jolt to Charities in China
- 37 Groups Said to Start Making Offers for Piece of Sinopec Sales Subsidiary
- Have anti-corruption efforts become a permanent feature of the political landscape in China?
- Developer Demonstration
- Deadly Bus Crash
- Haier's New Look: 'Micro-Enterprise' Platform
- Baidu Disconnects from Its Plan to Join Gov't Telecoms Pilot
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Closer Look: JD.com Sees Its High Hopes for WeChat Fall Short
- Views: Making Sense of China's Anti-Monopoly Campaign
- Four Shanghai Customs Officials Nabbed by Party Graft Buster
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Zhou Yongkang Used Start in Oil Industry to Rise to Public Security Czar
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- Detention of Haitong Securities Executive 'Is Linked to Bond Scandal'