In Monday's Papers: Xi Jinping Meets Gansu Peasants, Central Bank Governor and CDB Chief in CPPCC
Xi Jinping Meets Gansu Peasants
Communist Party General Secretary Xi Jinping has assured peasants in Gansu Province, in the west, that the government will help them improve their living conditions. Xi wished peasants in Dingxi a happy new year and inspected a greenhouse for growing potatoes and a water supply project under development. The party chief presented 447 families with gift packages that included cooking oil, pork and flour. Students received school supplies.
Original article on Caixin
- Talking Time
- Most of World's Synthetic Drugs Made in China, Police Admit
- PetroChina Selling Half of Subsidiary Running Central Asian Pipelines
- Insurance Executive Said to Die in Office Days after Probe Started
- Progress at Universities Requires Outside Help, College President Says
- To Curb Carbon Emissions, Focus on New Consumers on the Move
- Business Trip
- College President Fired for Breaking Rules on Cars, Spending
- CRC to Start Selling Ads on Tickets as Part of Test Run
- Country's Rural Areas Face Shortage of Preschools, Ministry Says
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How a New Idea for Revamping the Economy Is Taking Shape
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- Official Figures for Major Smog Pollutant Last Year 'Off by Half'
- China Eyes More Muscle for Market Supervision
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020
- Scandal-Hit Citic Securities Says Its Party Head Will Retire
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Plan to Develop Two New Beijing Districts 'Flies in Face of Population Curbs'