In Monday's Papers: Xi Jinping Meets Gansu Peasants, Central Bank Governor and CDB Chief in CPPCC
Xi Jinping Meets Gansu Peasants
Communist Party General Secretary Xi Jinping has assured peasants in Gansu Province, in the west, that the government will help them improve their living conditions. Xi wished peasants in Dingxi a happy new year and inspected a greenhouse for growing potatoes and a water supply project under development. The party chief presented 447 families with gift packages that included cooking oil, pork and flour. Students received school supplies.
Original article on Caixin
- Great Wall Motor Hit Cruise Control in 2012
- In Thursday's Papers: Guangdong Finds 31 Batches of Tainted Rice, No One Held Accountable for Bad Convictions
- What Xi's Travel Itinerary Says about China's Foreign Policy
- Closer Look: Can an Online Price Index Replace CPI?
- Alibaba Subsidiary Lets SMEs Hedge against Yuan Fluctuations
- JF-17s Escort Li
- Problems Listed in Audit Reports Were Seen Before
- Progress on SOEs Means Answering Political Questions
- Risks in Financing Platforms Pose a Challenge, CBRC Says
- Lean In
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Too Big To Fail Is Bigger than Ever
- Why Foxconn's Switch to Robots Hasn't Been Automatic
- Marriage, Sex and Character
- Playing the Long Game
- Investment Company Asks: Can We Legally Short Sell?
- The Real Reason the Stock Market Is Slumping
- Teams to Draft Reform Topics for Party Congress Set up
- Is China Welcome in the Arctic?
- Errors of Aggression Catch up with Underwriter
- Graphics: Defining the Chinese Dream