Local Gov'ts Set Modest Goals for GDP Growth
(Beijing) – Figures from 31 local governments' work plans for 2013 show that all of them set this year's GDP growth target the same or lower than last year's goal, though most of them remain above 10 percent.
The 31 local governments include four municipalities directly administered by the central government (Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai and Chongqing), five autonomous regions and 22 provinces.
- Fighting for Breath
- Graphic: Level of Distrust
- Forsaking the Fluff, China Joins the Cloud
- Media Watch: Xinhua, People's Daily in Rare Tussle, over Rate Cuts
- Watchdog Repeats Order to Remove Net TV Apps from E-Stores
- Peng Visits Delhi
- iPhone 6 Launch
- Caixin Podcast: Will Jack Ma Drop Hangzhou for Hong Kong?
- Caixin Podcast: No Ordinary Heist in Dalian
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- UnionPay, Apple Said to Agree on U.S. Firm's New Payment Technology
- Coming to Grips with Ammonia in China's Haze
- New-Energy Car Market Is Open Road, BYD CEO Wang Chuanfu Says
- Closer Look: Alibaba's Looming IPO Sends Shockwaves through Bourses at Home, Abroad
- After Years of Dominance, UnionPay's Enemies Arrive at the Gates
- PBOC Punishes Payment Companies for Mishandling Bank Card Transactions
- Media Outlet Blackmailed over 100 Companies, Xinhua Reports
- Amid Market Downtown, China's Developers Dig In
- Cutting Pay of SOE Bosses Just the Beginning of Necessary Changes
- Shenzhen's Qianhai Zone Joins Overseas E-Commerce Pilot