Local Gov'ts Set Modest Goals for GDP Growth
(Beijing) – Figures from 31 local governments' work plans for 2013 show that all of them set this year's GDP growth target the same or lower than last year's goal, though most of them remain above 10 percent.
The 31 local governments include four municipalities directly administered by the central government (Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai and Chongqing), five autonomous regions and 22 provinces.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter