Central Bank Injects Weekly Record 860 Bln Yuan into Economy
(Beijing) – The People's Bank of China conducted 410 billion yuan in reverse repo transactions on February 7, bringing the total liquidity injection into the economy to a record 860 billion yuan.
Amid rising demand for capital and just before the major February 9-15 Spring
Festival, the weekly liquidity injection was surpassed only by a 568 billion
injection through two reverse repos in October.
On February 5, the central bank carried out a 450 billion yuan reverse repo.
- Cuts to Benchmark Interest Rates Will Squeeze Banks' Profits, Analysts Say
- Court to Rehear 1996 Murder Case that Ended with Suspect's Execution
- Websites Offering Subtitles for Foreign TV Shows, Movies Shut Down
- A Hundred-Year Stagnation? For Who?
- The Week in Photos: November 15 – 21
- Rising Again
- Central Bank Cuts Benchmark Lending Rate
- A Passage to India
- Hike in Train Ticket Prices This Year 'Unlikely After All'
- Graphics: Sino-Australian Trade Deal
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Some Shanghai FTZ Reform Ideas Introduced to Rest of Country
- Closer Look: Why Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Was One-Way Road
- Graft Busters Find another Cash Pile, but Family Denies Corruption
- Justin Lin Ignores Population Factor with Growth Predictions
- Gov't Gives Academics Failing Grade for Fraud in Research Funding
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect
- Sixth NEA Official This Year Is Investigated for Corruption
- Civilized Liberties: What Matters in Preparing Gifts?