Closer Look: New Policies on Housing Are a Mixed Bag
(Beijing) – The latest housing control policies were introduced on February 20 by Premier Wen Jiabao at an executive meeting of the State Council, the last such meeting for the outgoing government.
The policies arrive amid surging housing prices in some major cities.
The policies addressed five areas. First, local governments should make controlling home prices an annual objective and establish a system to assess officials’ performance in stabilizing prices.
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Despite Ban, County Holds Convict Parade Days before Rule of Law Plenum
- Paris Expatriate
- Loft Horizon
- Fourth Plenum
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- Do you have faith in the central government's plans for cutting air pollution?
- Media Executive Who Ignored Mobile Internet Takes His Leave
- Chinese Firms 'Want to Build Bullet Trains for California Project'
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Yellow Pearls of China: Women with a PhD
- Graphics: Ghost Towns
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- China Nears Deal with Mexico to Export Bullet Trains for First Time
- Eight Killed and 18 Injured in Riot in Kunming Suburb, Local Gov't Says
- Graphics: The Fourth Plenum
- Huge Vale Ship Arrived in Qingdao with 300,000 Tons of Iron Ore
- The Golden Lands: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand & Vietnam
- Revision of Securities Law Is Chance to Liberalize Market
- Silver Screen Industry Strikes Investor Gold