Closer Look: New Policies on Housing Are a Mixed Bag
(Beijing) – The latest housing control policies were introduced on February 20 by Premier Wen Jiabao at an executive meeting of the State Council, the last such meeting for the outgoing government.
The policies arrive amid surging housing prices in some major cities.
The policies addressed five areas. First, local governments should make controlling home prices an annual objective and establish a system to assess officials’ performance in stabilizing prices.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter