Closer Look: PLA Officer's Advance into Weibo Takes Fire
A Weibo account opened by a People's Liberation Army officer has sparked skirmishing about whether people serving in the military should use the popular microblogging service.
Firing the first shot, Major General Luo Yuan wrote: "With official permission now I can open a Weibo account. It's an important battleground."
Since Luo's first post appeared on February 22, his account has taken some flak in the blogosphere.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter