For Gates Foundation, Philanthropy is a Two-Way Street
Bill Gates visited a HIV/AIDS prevention center in Beijing
Six years after setting up a China office, billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates' foundation is exploring a new way of helping: exporting the country's innovations in health and agriculture to help other countries.
This is a shift from the foundation's previous China focus, which mostly provided grants to help solve health issues such as with vaccinations and HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter