Big Changes to State Council 'May Be Unveiled at NPC Meeting'
The press center for this year’s "liang hui" opened on February 27
(Beijing) – Major changes to the State Council may be revealed during the National People's Congress (NPC) meeting in early March, sources close to decision-makers say.
The restructuring of the country's cabinet could include moving part of the National Population and Family Planning Commission into the Ministry of Health, and combining the publishing and state broadcasting administrations.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter