Big Changes to State Council 'May Be Unveiled at NPC Meeting'
The press center for this year’s "liang hui" opened on February 27
(Beijing) – Major changes to the State Council may be revealed during the National People's Congress (NPC) meeting in early March, sources close to decision-makers say.
The restructuring of the country's cabinet could include moving part of the National Population and Family Planning Commission into the Ministry of Health, and combining the publishing and state broadcasting administrations.
- Lianghui Quotes: March 12
- In Wednesday's Papers: 19 Domestic Insurers Affected by Missing Flight, First Audit of Gov't Land Sales Due Early Next Year
- Caixin Explains: What Are E-Credit Cards and How Do They Work?
- Private Banks in Pilot Will Have Four Models to Choose From
- MH370 Co-Pilot
- The Best Way for China to Address Terrorism
- Keep Expectations for NDRC Reform Limited
- Lianghui Quotes: March 11
- In Tuesday's Papers: Interest Rates Freed within Two Years, PBOC Head Says; Legislators Mull Creating Anti-Terror Law
- Closer Look: JD.com, Tencent Both Have to Like their Big Deal
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Li Ka-shing's Remedy for 'Coddled' HK
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- Caixin Explains: How MH370 Should Have Been Able to Send Emergency Message
- China to Grow at 7.5 Pct and Focus on Reforms, Premier Says
- U.S. Economy, Regulatory Approach Reaching Higher Ground, Policy Veteran Volcker Says
- Li Ka-shing: Continued Progress Depends on Embracing Technology
- Graphics: Rich Representatives