Big Changes to State Council 'May Be Unveiled at NPC Meeting'
The press center for this year’s "liang hui" opened on February 27
(Beijing) – Major changes to the State Council may be revealed during the National People's Congress (NPC) meeting in early March, sources close to decision-makers say.
The restructuring of the country's cabinet could include moving part of the National Population and Family Planning Commission into the Ministry of Health, and combining the publishing and state broadcasting administrations.
- Hidden Anguish
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says
- A French Revolution, Please!
- Lianghui Quotes：March 7
- Egypt's Road to Rejuvenation Is Opening, Veteran Diplomat Says
- Scaffold Collapse
- The Siege of Tsingtao
- The Celestials
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Lianghui Quotes: March 6
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Electric Car Charging Stations Powering Down
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- The Logic of the Left in China
- Yuan Won't Overtake Dollar until Changes Are Made, Economist Says
- Eyes on the Prize
- From Tycoon to Target
- Closer Look: So Who Stops a Run on Yu E Bao Accounts?
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- Gary Locke Expresses Optimism for Future of Sino-U.S. Ties
- Caixin Explains: What Is Yu E Bao and Why Is It in the News?