Lianghui Quotes: March 6
Worsening air quality and food contamination scandals has put environmental protection at the forefront of public policy debates in China. During this year's NPC and CPPCC, water and air pollution were among the most discussed topics. A number of delegates put forward proposals for pushing forward better standards throughout the country.
The following are notable quotes from today's meetings:
- Holiday Days
- The China Boom: Why China Will Not Rule the World
- One Point Two Billion
- Ailing Northeast Struggles to Keep Young Talent
- Much Has Changed Since Short Sellers Last Attacked HK Dollar
- Day of Play
- Software Firms Accuse Alibaba Health Subsidiary of Profiteering
- Inquiry into Guangdong Official 'Linked to Helping Sex Industry'
- Medical Fees Proposal Jolts China's Pensioners
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Now Learning It Has 'Environmental Migrants'
- Internet Company Treats 2,000 Employees to Cruise as Holiday Present
- Alibaba Gets Bitter Pill as Gov't Said to Scrap E-Drug System
- Government Edges toward Promised Tax Reform
- Carmaker BYD Fares Well in Hometown, Struggles Elsewhere
- Caixin OnlineAnother Official Tied to Zhou Yongkang Is Handed Jail Term
- U.S. Venture Capital Firm Is Still Betting on China
- More Insiders Said to Be Linked to Agricultural Bank Scandal
- Five Major Economic Risks to Watch for This Year
- Manufacturing Slows Again to Start 2016, with Caixin China PMI at 48.4