IT Executives at Top Futures Exchanges Held over Bribe Allegations
(Beijing) – Two senior executives responsible for the information technology systems at two large futures exchange have been detained over suspicions they took bribes.
Yan Shaohui, who is in his 40s, joined Shanghai Futures Exchange (SHFE) in 1994 and worked his way up to the chief engineer of the exchange's electronic exchange system.
Zhang Guoyuan, 38, has been with China Financial Futures Exchange (CFFEX) since it was founded in 2006. He was the director of its technology center when arrested.
- Holiday Days
- The China Boom: Why China Will Not Rule the World
- One Point Two Billion
- Ailing Northeast Struggles to Keep Young Talent
- Much Has Changed Since Short Sellers Last Attacked HK Dollar
- Day of Play
- Software Firms Accuse Alibaba Health Subsidiary of Profiteering
- Inquiry into Guangdong Official 'Linked to Helping Sex Industry'
- Medical Fees Proposal Jolts China's Pensioners
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Now Learning It Has 'Environmental Migrants'
- Internet Company Treats 2,000 Employees to Cruise as Holiday Present
- Alibaba Gets Bitter Pill as Gov't Said to Scrap E-Drug System
- Government Edges toward Promised Tax Reform
- Tough Times Call for Tougher Reform Push
- Caixin OnlineAnother Official Tied to Zhou Yongkang Is Handed Jail Term
- Carmaker BYD Fares Well in Hometown, Struggles Elsewhere
- U.S. Venture Capital Firm Is Still Betting on China
- More Insiders Said to Be Linked to Agricultural Bank Scandal
- Terror in Mali and New Chinese Perspectives