IT Executives at Top Futures Exchanges Held over Bribe Allegations
(Beijing) – Two senior executives responsible for the information technology systems at two large futures exchange have been detained over suspicions they took bribes.
Yan Shaohui, who is in his 40s, joined Shanghai Futures Exchange (SHFE) in 1994 and worked his way up to the chief engineer of the exchange's electronic exchange system.
Zhang Guoyuan, 38, has been with China Financial Futures Exchange (CFFEX) since it was founded in 2006. He was the director of its technology center when arrested.
- Black Holes
- Mecca: The Sacred City
- Graphics: China's Overworked Workers
- Capital's Gov't Says Subway Fares Will Double Starting December
- Despite Minor Disputes, Ties with China Best in History, German Envoy Says
- "Happiest People"
- Wal-Mart Says It Has Laid Off 28 Managers, 90 Others
- Robot Waiter
- Nanning Stabbings
- Another Brother in Prominent Shanxi Family Is Target of Graft Investigation
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- Clearing the Air with a Sino-U.S. Climate Pact
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Justin Lin Ignores Population Factor with Growth Predictions
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect
- Websites Offering Subtitles for Foreign TV Shows, Movies Shut Down
- China Needs All-Out Effort to Meet Emissions Goals, Experts Say
- A Passage to India
- Court to Rehear 1996 Murder Case that Ended with Suspect's Execution
- Scientists Issue Warning over Development of Coastal Wetlands