New Railway Company Assumes Ministry's Debts and Assets
(Beijing) – The State Council says the new China Railway Co. will inherit the assets, debts and personnel of the former Ministry of Railways.
The cabinet's policies for establishing the commercial arm of the ministry were posted on gov.cn, the central people's government website, on March 14.
A ministry source had said its huge debt burden would not be shouldered by the new company alone because some of the debts were incurred as a result of providing public services, and it would be against the goal of restructuring to saddle the new business with government liabilities.
- Mali Tragedy Shows Chinese Companies' Need for Support Systems
- Wrecking Ball
- Soccer Team, Major Sponsor Get Shirty over Jersey Change
- Advocate for Transplant Reform Not Done Yet
- Scandal at Aviation Regulator Widens as Another Official Investigated
- China Must Show Resolve in Combating Terrorism
- Leaky Pipes
- Chairman of Securities Firm's HK Subsidiary 'Missing for Six Days'
- Xi, Li Express Their Support for Developing Robotics Industry
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Country's First Cruise Ship Heads to Port for Final Time
- How a New Idea for Revamping the Economy Is Taking Shape
- Official Figures for Major Smog Pollutant Last Year 'Off by Half'
- China Eyes More Muscle for Market Supervision
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Why the IMF's Likely Recognition of the Yuan Will Matter
- Party Graft Buster Announces Inquiry into CSRC Official
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020