New Railway Company Assumes Ministry's Debts and Assets
(Beijing) – The State Council says the new China Railway Co. will inherit the assets, debts and personnel of the former Ministry of Railways.
The cabinet's policies for establishing the commercial arm of the ministry were posted on gov.cn, the central people's government website, on March 14.
A ministry source had said its huge debt burden would not be shouldered by the new company alone because some of the debts were incurred as a result of providing public services, and it would be against the goal of restructuring to saddle the new business with government liabilities.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter